Camden Central (5-4) at Stewart County (3-6)

NavyChief

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching film...they have one big ugly on the line (#72). He plugs up the hole on defense, but isn't very quick and looks to be gassed by the 4th quarter. They play a 4-3 defense. They are slow to the edge, sweeps kill them. The secondary lets receivers get behind them....a lot. On offense, #6 is their play maker. He gets more than his share of passes and end sweeps. Average size...not very shifty or fast. Good hands. They run the spread/read/option with lots of trap plays. They don't have a very good punter and on kick returns, they run a lot of east to west motion instead of the yard gaining north to south motion. My two cents....I am sure Stewart County could watch film on us and pick us apart as well.

Watching film...they have one big ugly on the line (#72). He plugs up the hole on defense, but isn't very quick and looks to be gassed by the 4th quarter. They play a 4-3 defense. They are slow to the edge, sweeps kill them. The secondary lets receivers get behind them....a lot. On offense, #6 is their play maker. He gets more than his share of passes and end sweeps. Average size...not very shifty or fast. Good hands. They run the spread/read/option with lots of trap plays. They don't have a very good punter and on kick returns, they run a lot of east to west motion instead of the yard gaining north to south motion. My two cents....I am sure Stewart County could watch film on us and pick us apart as well.

Camden should win this game fairly easy but it might be more of a contest if #25 and 7 can play. Both were injured and could not contribute much against Sycamore. I really don't see them being healthy enough but the Rebels hung with Harpeth until their injuries. # 25 is definitely the best athlete if he is healthy.

The 2015 season at Stewart County has had an up and down one. It started with losses to a solid 4A Montgomery Central team that appears to be playoff bound, a good 1A team Houston County (7-2), and a region opening loss to Fairview in a shootout. Then there was a three game winning streak. The McEwen game was a 28-26 nail biter. It was 21-0 at halftime and the Rebels survived a furious second half rally. The most impressive win was a 24-12 win at Cheatham County. The final win of the streak was a 28-8 win at Fulton City, KY. The East Hickman game was a game where it snowballed early. The Harpeth game was a 28-28 game in the third quarter but then two main players suffered injuries at bad times. Last week's loss to a much improved Sycamore team was difficult. Senior Night will be a time where 9 outstanding seniors (55, 72, 58, 60, 28, 7, 6, 5, 31) are honored for their hard work and efforts as Rebels football players. Camden is a great team and Coach Blow and his staff do a great job year in and year out. I hope we can respond in the season finale and be competitive against the best team in the region. Go Rebels!

Edited by LBD