Soddy Daisy @ The Ridge 1st Round TSSAA Playoffs

SweetScience

Just curious, did anybody know how good a tackler and hard hitter Tee was? I wasn't sure we should risk him on defense but Coach Gaddis knew we needed him.

Oh by the way BigBoyFootball fans, OR has many hard hitters. We just talk about Tee cuz everybody already knows how good he is.

If the games were played today, I would only pick OR to win. Cleveland, Dem Owls and Rhea County are all really tough. Clinton would be my surprise pick because of the great QB.

RRRRR WWWW RRRRR!

Cleveland is garbage

Parts of an article from the chattanoogan.com website. The Soddy coach talkes about the Friday game

<<For coach Justin Barnes’ Soddy-Daisy squad, Friday will be a repeat of the 2014 playoffs when the Trojans suffered a 53-28 first-round loss at the hands of Oak Ridge.

The 9-1 Wildcats have won seven in a row and their lone loss (31-14 on Sept. 4) was to Region 3-5A champion Farragut (9-1). The Admirals’ only setback was a 9-7 decision against Knoxville West.

“This year, at least we took care of our own business,†Barnes said. “Last year we snuck in and this year we finished third (in Region 4-5A behind Ooltewah and Rhea County) and that’s an improvement for us. We’re excited about the opportunity to go up there again.â€

Barnes admitted the Trojans struggled defensively throughout the 2014 season, but that phase of the Trojans’ game has improved significantly.

“We’re much better defensively and we’ve been clicking offensively over the last few games,†he said. “The kids are ready for the challenge. We haven’t backed away from anybody this year. We played Ooltewah well, but were overmatched physically against Rhea County. I feel like we match up pretty well with Oak Ridge from what I’ve seen. >>

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Also from the chattanoogan.com, some comments from Dem Owls coach. We may play them that is why I'm including this.

<<

No team had to work as hard as Ooltewah did in beating back Walker Valley, 45-44, in double overtime to win the Region 4-5A regular-season title.

The Owls got five touchdowns and 106 rushing yards from Rashun Freeman, but the outcome was finally determined when linebackers Jeremiah Jackson and Tyler Reid combined to stop Walker Valley running back Alex King on a two-point conversion try to end the game.

That win gave Ooltewah home field advantage through the first two rounds.

While earning playoff berths in each of the previous four seasons, the Owls have gotten beyond the second round only once. In 2012, Ooltewah reached the quarterfinals where it lost to Columbia, 31-13. In 2011, 2013 and 2014, the Owls lost in round two to Powell (42-21), East Hamilton (26-19) and Rhea County (47-14).

“Our first goal is to make the playoffs,†coach Mac Bryan said. “Second, we want to win the region championship. Back in the summer, we added a third goal – get past the second round. You can’t get to the last game (title game) if you can’t get past the second round.â€

Bryan and the Owls continued senior night festivities with a post-game get-together in the school cafeteria and recognized football seniors and those from the band, cheerleaders and dance team as well, along with parents of those students.

“I had to leave,†Bryan said. “I was tired.â€

While doing a phone interview, Bryan was taking a last look at film of Friday’s hard-fought victory before delving deeper into Clinton, the Owls’ first-round opponent.

“I know they like to throw the ball all over the place,†Bryan said. “We like to throw it, too, so it might be a long game. Clinton scores a lot of points (375) and they’ve given up some points (391). >>