Munford @ Henry County- Round 1

MSURacer

MSURacer I believe Munford does have a lot back this year. I've seen them a couple times this year and they are much improved from last year. Although the LB your referring to was probably #44 from Millington. He was a stud. Munford doesn't have any defensive players that just pop out at me this year. Munford will not pass the ball. They try to control the time of possession by running the ball 4 or 5 yds  at a time. They have been pretty successful at it until they come across bigger Def lines & fast LBs. Which you usually have to face come playoff time.. So if HC has that they should have this one. They are a well coached team so I don't see Munford getting blown out. Good luck to y'all.  

They will definitely "come across" the biggest, most physical D-Line they've seen all year...not to mention fast, head-hunting LB's. LONG night for the Cougars.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope there's a good crowd tomorrow night. I remember last year's home playoff attendance not being what it usually is.  This is potentially the last true home game for the seniors barring any major upsets. Looking forward to a good game.  Munford is a better team than what they were last year, but I just have a hard time thinking any offense that is essentially one-demensional and reliant on the run can do much against the defense. We'll see. 

Its GameDay baby! And playoff round 1 between the Patriots of Henry County and the Cougars of Munford. The weather seems to have passed so gametime will be perfect football conditions. This is a strong running team bringing the veer against one of the best front 4 in 5A. Going to get interesting!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

The defensive front makes this team go. While the middle lb is a head hunter, none of them are very fast.

#47 has the best "nose" for the football that I have ever seen. That makes up for a lot when you talk speed. I've seen linebackers who run a sub-4.5 forty, but couldn't read a key or make a tackle to save their lives. So, when I say "fast" referring to LB's, I mean reading, reacting, tackling.

#47 has the best "nose" for the football that I have ever seen. That makes up for a lot when you talk speed. I've seen linebackers who run a sub-4.5 forty, but couldn't read a key or make a tackle to save their lives. So, when I say "fast" referring to LB's, I mean reading, reacting, tackling.

This secondary gets the blame for weak pass coverage, but for those who understand pass coverage, the outside lbs deserve much of the criticism. Having said that, I feel they give all they can on each play and that counts for a lot. At some point, the game becomes a personnel issue and not a coaching issue. The Pats should fair well tonite.