Munford @ Henry County- Round 1

MSURacer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They played decent in the first round against us last year. Final score was something like 24-7. Not like we embarrassed them. 

Do they have much back from last year? Seems like they had a pretty good defense. Can't remember if it was them or Millington who had an absolute stud LB who flew all over the field. 

Munford is much improved over last season...better D...looks like a more complete offense...believe they started 8-0...cant figure how they ended up on the road for the 1st round

they beat Southwind who beat Ridgeway...their region is so back and forth its crazy

HC should win tho...

They finished 3rd in their region behind Brighton and Central. Gotta finish in the top 2 to get a home playoff game. 

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we have our work cut out for us. 

Has Munford developed a pass game, or do they still try to line up as tight as possible and run misdirection the entire game? I figure this will be a battle with the size they have, but I hope and expect HC to come out on top.  I'm interested to see this newfound passing attack.  Running the ball is our bread and butter, but if this team can build on the 4th quarter performance through the air, they may have just added a dangerous extra dimension.

I will say that region 8 played out oddly.  I think Southwind is the most dangerous team, and they're having to make the trip to Centennial.  Central vs. Brentwood should be a good one, and I think NE could give Brighton a decent game.  

Has Munford developed a pass game, or do they still try to line up as tight as possible and run misdirection the entire game? I figure this will be a battle with the size they have, but I hope and expect HC to come out on top.  I'm interested to see this newfound passing attack.  Running the ball is our bread and butter, but if this team can build on the 4th quarter performance through the air, they may have just added a dangerous extra dimension.

I will say that region 8 played out oddly.  I think Southwind is the most dangerous team, and they're having to make the trip to Centennial.  Central vs. Brentwood should be a good one, and I think NE could give Brighton a decent game.  

That 4th qtr passing success included a couple of 50/50 jump balls that may not go HC's way next time.

That 4th qtr passing success included a couple of 50/50 jump balls that may not go HC's way next time.

I'll take it. Henry County has never gone into a game looking to throw 25 times. We haven't been able to move the ball through the air much at all. If we can execute well enough to keep safeties out of the box then it should really help.

Just to piggyback RedSwarm's point, they don't have to. HC isn't looking to be the air coryell. Simply having the threat to stretch the field a little bit can help an offense.

Edited by MSURacer

While HC's pass defense was not very good, a couple of 3rd and long catches for CHS in the first half were very good catches, that i'm not sure they would make 50% of the time. So to my that point is a wash with the 50/50 jump balls.

To me, both defenses were very strong against the run and not very good against the pass. CHS made the plays in the first half that they needed to, and HC didn't.

Oops, this is the Munford thread.

Munford has given HC trouble the last couple of times they played. Should be a good first round game that HC better come to play. And I think they will

GO BIG RED.