Best 5-5, 4-6 and 7-3 teams

RedD

The best what? It's funny how teams that can't win talk about being the best with the record they have, a team that's 5 and 5 is so because they were beat by another team and for that given game the other team was better, just say what it is, our team won five games where they were better and they lost five because the other team was, there is no best 5 and 5 you may as well say, if we graded out team for losing we are the best five game LOSER, it just another way to gather acceptance for losing, it's just like allowing all 6A teams playoff births, it is testing the water to gather acceptance to move all classes in that direction, yes it's a money thing and its also the good ole every one should be rewarded, mark it down all classes will make playoffs in the near future, if TSSAA Durant implement them some parents that feel they have the best 5 and 5 team will file a law suit to get equal rights for their best 5 and 5 team.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best what? It's funny how teams that can't win talk about being the best with the record they have, a team that's 5 and 5 is so because they were beat by another team and for that given game the other team was better, just say what it is, our team won five games where they were better and they lost five because the other team was, there is no best 5 and 5 you may as well say, if we graded out team for losing we are the best five game LOSER, it just another way to gather acceptance for losing, it's just like allowing all 6A teams playoff births, it is testing the water to gather acceptance to move all classes in that direction, yes it's a money thing and its also the good ole every one should be rewarded, mark it down all classes will make playoffs in the near future, if TSSAA Durant implement them some parents that feel they have the best 5 and 5 team will file a law suit to get equal rights for their best 5 and 5 team.

Well stated, my friend.    This stuff is epidemic on my end of the state.    As an additional corollary to your thesis above, how about this:

We have so much talent on this team, blah-blah-blah, but we lost because the coaches don't know how to use it.

Hello, coaches are PART of the team, no???

How did 7-3 teams get lumped in with 4-6 & 5-5?? 7-3 isn't a bad season at all

I put 7 and 3 teams because some of those records are from playing those best 5 and 5 teams, the bottom line teams win they lose but, in our thinking we have to make the losing team feel like they are way better then their record, sometimes you don't have the right players, sometimes it's the coaches, BUT, IT'S NEVER THE PARENTS FAULT WHO tells their kid and other kids on the team that their coaches are stupid don't know how to coach, funny thing is if all these parents are so good at it then sign up and do it, high school football is begging for good coaching, then we could eliminate a team from being the best 5 and 5 team and the coaches not using talent jargen ... IMO good teams are more then just good players but, that's a whole other rant, my point on the best losing team is just this, if you are losing games be it one, two, four, five or whatever and you are saying your the best team with however many losses, in essence you are saying hey we are the best losers, get a grip and start telling your kids facts, that team was better, maybe their kids worked harder, maybe they had breaks, either way just stop with the feel good BS and insprie kids to strive to be the best not just the best they can be but the best as a team and if they end up 5 and 5 make it painful not enjoyable by saying you are the best 5 and 5 team out there.

I put 7 and 3 teams because some of those records are from playing those best 5 and 5 teams, the bottom line teams win they lose but, in our thinking we have to make the losing team feel like they are way better then their record, sometimes you don't have the right players, sometimes it's the coaches, BUT, IT'S NEVER THE PARENTS FAULT WHO tells their kid and other kids on the team that their coaches are stupid don't know how to coach, funny thing is if all these parents are so good at it then sign up and do it, high school football is begging for good coaching, then we could eliminate a team from being the best 5 and 5 team and the coaches not using talent jargen ... IMO good teams are more then just good players but, that's a whole other rant, my point on the best losing team is just this, if you are losing games be it one, two, four, five or whatever and you are saying your the best team with however many losses, in essence you are saying hey we are the best losers, get a grip and start telling your kids facts, that team was better, maybe their kids worked harder, maybe they had breaks, either way just stop with the feel good BS and insprie kids to strive to be the best not just the best they can be but the best as a team and if they end up 5 and 5 make it painful not enjoyable by saying you are the best 5 and 5 team out there.

There's a team from Indianapolis, Cathedral, that went 5-5 last year in the regular season, and they won the state title in Indiana in there classification. HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME FOLKS!!!

That's one of the best recruited programs in the state up there, plus they did much as Webb does here they play some teams that they really have no chance to beat, which does make them better but then they that is Indiana HS football not the guy bed for HS football but really TN isn't either in comparison to FL,TX, CA, and before anyone wants to jump on me about the statement I'm merely talking in comparison.