Oak Ridge basketball

SweetScience

Think you're talking about Marcus Smith. He was one of the players from the awesome Robertsville team last year. 

I would say that may be him. It's nice to see all of the other Wildcat fans posting on the basketball thread this year. It was pretty much just me, boyfromsi, and occasionally Papa B last year. I hear that Jefferson basketball team will be the loaded one this year. I plan on going to watch them whenever they start up.

Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats  39

Knoxville Grace                 27

RLWR!

Sweet, how is this for a fun spring evening?

1) Football scrimmage

2) Soccer tournament match

3) Baseball district tournament game

Oak Ridge won the football scrimmage and soccer match but lost the baseball game in extra innings.

Those were the days1

I would say that may be him. It's nice to see all of the other Wildcat fans posting on the basketball thread this year. It was pretty much just me, boyfromsi, and occasionally Papa B last year. I hear that Jefferson basketball team will be the loaded one this year. I plan on going to watch them whenever they start up.

I'm very seasonal.  I love football during football season, and basketball during basketball season. 

I watched a lot of RMS games last year, so I can't wait to see some Freshman games because I feel like I know the kids a little.  Last year, RMS was loaded with 8th graders, maybe 12 or 13, and this year JMS has all the 8th graders.  I think there are only 4 or 5 8th graders at RMS.  I went to the first game for RMS and the starters were 2 8th graders, 2 7th graders, and 1 6th grader.  Considering who they play, they won't win many, but the kids like and respect each other, and get along very well.  They also like and respect Coach Sprat, and I feel certain the team will be much improved by the end of the season because they will work to make it happen.  OK, there you have my analysis for the middle school.  :)  And, of course, JMS should dominate because they are loaded this year.

The high school games are the ones I'm really looking forward to, though.

Btw, I don't always post often because I don't have the insight or knowledge that a lot of you guys do, but I am very appreciative of the good info I get here, and I enjoy the camaraderie among many of the people here.

Edited by ORcats

I'm very seasonal.  I love football during football season, and basketball during basketball season. 

I watched a lot of RMS games last year, so I can't wait to see some Freshman games because I feel like I know the kids a little.  Last year, RMS was loaded with 8th graders, maybe 12 or 13, and this year JMS has all the 8th graders.  I think there are only 4 or 5 8th graders at RMS.  I went to the first game for RMS and the starters were 2 8th graders, 2 7th graders, and 1 6th grader.  Considering who they play, they won't win many, but the kids like and respect each other, and get along very well.  They also like and respect Coach Sprat, and I feel certain the team will be much improved by the end of the season because they will work to make it happen.  OK, there you have my analysis for the middle school.  :)  And, of course, JMS should dominate because they are loaded this year.

The high school games are the ones I'm really looking forward to, though.

Btw, I don't always post often because I don't have the insight or knowledge that a lot of you guys do, but I am very appreciative of the good info I get here, and I enjoy the camaraderie among many of the people here.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. One guy on here said the great PG for Robertsville last year transferred to Alcoa? Didn't like to hear that haha. Yeah, it's a good crowd amongst OR fans. Most all of us know each other and talk quite a bit at the games, especially football. OR not only loves their football, but basketball as well. Great tradition in both sports, as you know. The Lady Wildcats were at one time the dominant program in TN along with Shelbyville. They won state when I was a SR in 1997 and '94, and went 37-0 in 88 led by the great Nikki Caldwell, but haven't been up to par the past 5-7 years, but hopefully Coach Green's wife can get them back on top where they were for many years.

Edited by SweetScience

Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats  39

Knoxville Grace                 27

RLWR!

Sweet, how is this for a fun spring evening?

1) Football scrimmage

2) Soccer tournament match

3) Baseball district tournament game

Oak Ridge won the football scrimmage and soccer match but lost the baseball game in extra innings.

Those were the days1

Good stuff WTW. I remember the days when OR had some very good baseball teams. Had some very good teams in the 90's. A lot of folks don't know, but Summers was probably a better baseball player than a football player if you can believe that.

Good stuff, thanks for the info. One guy on here said the great PG for Robertsville last year transferred to Alcoa? Didn't like to hear that haha. Yeah, it's a good crowd amongst OR fans. Most all of us know each other and talk quite a bit at the games, especially football. OR not only loves their football, but basketball as well. Great tradition in both sports, as you know. The Lady Wildcats were at one time the dominant program in TN along with Shelbyville. They won state when I was a SR in 1997 and '94, and went 37-0 in 88 led by the great Nikki Caldwell, but haven't been up to par the past 5-7 years, but hopefully Coach Green's wife can get them back on top where they were for many years.

Yep, unfortunately Donte went to Alcoa. Not sure why, other than he just wanted to go to school there.  He's a good kid.  Yeah, I've noticed the football games are basically a big social gathering.  My guess is only about 10% of the crowd actually watches the game.  haha.  It's just a lot of fun.

I remember the Lady Cats being really good in the past.  Which reminds me that RMS girls are vastly improved this year too.  I forgot to mention them earlier.

Anybody else think Anthony "Shequan" Gibson should play more?? And do OR and Fulton play twice this year both at OR?

If he was at GCA he would never leave the floor. I like Anthony, always have, nice kid. Good player. He is buried on the Oak Ridge Roster. I personally think he would develop more as a player at a smaller school. He has some big shadows to live under in Atomic Town. I mean with all the D1 superstars and quality players on the roster. 

He could play at the next level and get a good education. That is a kid that really needs to focus on Junior College and go make his way after High School. See Chris Cook at Roane State (West) Cook will be a D1 or D2 player and get his last two years of college covered.

Don't get me wrong, I think Coach Green is a nice guy and a good basketball coach. Nothing but great interactions have I ever had with that man. He was super nice to us last night and sent us the game film because our film staff was a bit out of sorts last night. So great guy. In reality, Anthony should be thankful for him, because many coaches at a school with that much talent would just ride 6-7 kids. Green had 12 players score last night? That man was working hard with a 20 point lead. He wasn't just sitting on his backside. He was coaching and rotating and holding accountable. But Tee and D where on the bench right? When they come back someone's minutes are going to drop. Coach Greens biggest problem is probably keeping that much talent and their parents happy. Anthony will benefit under coach Green but playing time will be less at Oak Ridge than probably any school in East Tennessee. Thats a loaded roster. 

I have said to several AAU and HS Basketball people around town that Anthony is one kid I really like but think is in a tough situation for much playing time. It is a competitive sport. Much respect to Anthony though, he has grown leaps and bounds the last 2 years. So who knows what the future holds. Like I tell all kids, don't wait for the offer to get those grades, GPA, and ACT knocked down. Get those knocked down and the offers will come. Especially with the new rules on the ACT and GPA combination qualifications (2016). The last thing you ever want to happen is get someone's attention and then not qualify. 

And, if he stays at Oak Ridge and finishes his HS career there, then do everything Coach Green ask of him and bust his hump to get better and to the next level if that is what he wants. One thing is for sure, more scouts will watch Oak Ridge over the next two years than probably any school and he has a great coach. 

If he was at GCA he would never leave the floor. I like Anthony, always have, nice kid. Good player. He is buried on the Oak Ridge Roster. I personally think he would develop more as a player at a smaller school. He has some big shadows to live under in Atomic Town. I mean with all the D1 superstars and quality players on the roster.

He could play at the next level and get a good education. That is a kid that really needs to focus on Junior College and go make his way after High School. See Chris Cook at Roane State (West) Cook will be a D1 or D2 player and get his last two years of college covered.

Don't get me wrong, I think Coach Green is a nice guy and a good basketball coach. Nothing but great interactions have I ever had with that man. He was super nice to us last night and sent us the game film because our film staff was a bit out of sorts last night. So great guy. In reality, Anthony should be thankful for him, because many coaches at a school with that much talent would just ride 6-7 kids. Green had 12 players score last night? That man was working hard with a 20 point lead. He wasn't just sitting on his backside. He was coaching and rotating and holding accountable. But Tee and D where on the bench right? When they come back someone's minutes are going to drop. Coach Greens biggest problem is probably keeping that much talent and their parents happy. Anthony will benefit under coach Green but playing time will be less at Oak Ridge than probably any school in East Tennessee. Thats a loaded roster.

I have said to several AAU and HS Basketball people around town that Anthony is one kid I really like but think is in a tough situation for much playing time. It is a competitive sport. Much respect to Anthony though, he has grown leaps and bounds the last 2 years. So who knows what the future holds. Like I tell all kids, don't wait for the offer to get those grades, GPA, and ACT knocked down. Get those knocked down and the offers will come. Especially with the new rules on the ACT and GPA combination qualifications (2016). The last thing you ever want to happen is get someone's attention and then not qualify.

And, if he stays at Oak Ridge and finishes his HS career there, then do everything Coach Green ask of him and bust his hump to get better and to the next level if that is what he wants. One thing is for sure, more scouts will watch Oak Ridge over the next two years than probably any school and he has a great coach.

Heard he did quit but former players and his family members got him back on the team but they are loaded but he's better then the ones that play over him every one knows it some say he's better then Tee I don't think so but I don't argue it when they say it but I think after they come back from the Bahamas he'll be playing more let's hope at least he needs to they will need him to