Round 2 South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider vs This Palmer Man)

TheAmbassador

Cherokee Tom are you just trying to make that Palmer man real mad? Im going to get pegleg to throw your computer out like he was supposed to do powerp. You made these durn predictions and all it does is make those Fayetteville boys real mad. You think im joking but im not.

At least I talk about different things besides the same old material every post.

BTW... S. Pitts easily stopped mTp because the new coach didn't bring a diverse enough play book and mTp was easily read and telegraphed. Not a whole lot of guessing in my Tigers techniques, always ran to the strong side. Pirates read it like a children's novel and shut it down.

Fayetteville should leave you guessing a tad bit more. Unless F-ville sticks to the same Ole tried and true stuff found on film. Then they're toast.

It appeared that #10 picked up steam in the 2nd half. We were in position either in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage but we let a more athletic player make us lose our jock strap. We have to correct this. We kept pushing him outside where no one was at instead of pushing him back inside where we had linebackers pursuing (unless they were being held but that's neither here nor there). This game may be a dog fight going back and forth till the end. We didn't wear down we just conserved our energy a bit too. Notice we picked it back up in the 4th. Also, we only ran maybe 4-5 base plays. We didn't have to do anything fancy or tricky.

From a fan that actually went to the game... MTP ran everything at SP, reverses, throwbacks, and a fake punt. I thought we moved the ball well, 3 times in the red zone missing wide open receivers. I have not seen the stats on Facebook yet but I would guess both 10 and 4 had 100 yards rushing or close to it, probably close to 100 more in the air...

2 starting DEfensive Linemen out. 38 didn't play any in the first half. Seniors 10,7,68 didn't start the game... 8 so and fr did.

SP was the better team and will be the better team against FVille as well.

SP for the win

From a fan that actually went to the game... MTP ran everything at SP, reverses, throwbacks, and a fake punt. I thought we moved the ball well, 3 times in the red zone missing wide open receivers. I have not seen the stats on Facebook yet but I would guess both 10 and 4 had 100 yards rushing or close to it, probably close to 100 more in the air...

2 starting DEfensive Linemen out. 38 didn't play any in the first half. Seniors 10,7,68 didn't start the game... 8 so and fr did.

SP for the win

Pirates are very young too Edited by piratetom

SP for the win

Good thing we only have 2 seniors and we have started a freshman all year on defense and offense, not to mention 4 starters who haven't played in 2 years but decided to play when Grider came back. So I think regardless of who played, teams were even. Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Good thing we only have 2 seniors and we have started a freshman all year on defense and offense, not to mention 4 starters who haven't played in 2 years but decided to play when Grider came back. So I think regardless of who played, teams were even.

I agree, your team dominated the line of scrimmage, your youngins looked to be a lot stronger than our youngins.

SP is SP and Fayettville is well, Fayettville. No disrespect but respect is earned not given. Pirates are young but they are still the Beast in the East. That hasn't changed. If Pirates play like they have let few weeks they will roll again. Sounds like Columbia Academy or SP is the team to beat. I will go with the guys with the Power P on their helmets by a few 21.

South Pitt looks to be a pretty good team, but topping Fayetteville by 21? I don't really see that happening based on our only common opponent, and also comparing Whitwell / SP and Columbia Academy / Whitwell game when you also take into consideration our game against CA. This game will be decided by 7 or less - you heard it here first! I'll go out on a limb and predict Fayetteville by 3.

What kind of mess is this? If Grider has to punt does not mean our boys will automatically lose. You are full of mess. You think im joking but im not.

Roy "punts" with an "S" on the end is plural meaning multiple.... And yes... Which ever team "punts" or is punting means they are not scoring. That is how it works... Right?.. but I could be joking.... Am I?