Forrest vs Marion County

Southtowner

The no huddle and the line. The speed. Both our kids, neither of them slow footed, got caught from behind on their big runs. Smoother execution. Top to bottom talent. Was BZ more of a fullback? It seemed like these backs this year hit the hole and were 5 yards in before we could get a hand on them.

I was impressed with Forrest I personally think they were on par with Boyd.   Their real problem against MC was that they were very one-dimensional.  If they had any ability to throw the ball they would have much more problematic.  I also believe that Forrest was very tight where MC was loose and expecting to win. 

I'm not saying the line played poorly. But they did get beat. On both sides. I don't think Forrest played a bad game. They just got beat by a better team. I'm not gonna rip any unit and def not an individual kid. It was a heroic season and I couldn't have asked for more.

I like talking smack and rattling cages as much as anyone on here but gotta say amerigha you are a class act and truly mean that best of luck to you and the Forrest program!

Quick count I see 8 starters coming back. Lots of our kids go both ways. We do platoon a lot.

I see 13 more who will get a lot of PT, including an incoming freshman.

Our kicker will be a senior.

It's a system. We have had the youth league in place for a while now. These seniors were the first group who had played together since age 4.

25 wins the last 3 seasons.

The kids now have been running this system for years. We will see.

We need this staff intact next year, and I think we will make a run at region again.

After that it's anyone's guess.

Edited by Amerigha