Coovul att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

I thought Warren County played really well and that Maryville played flat last week. I have a theory about last Thursday.  GQ likes everything routine.  When a Thursday, Saturday (or even Sunday on ESPN) game is planned, the routine varies but it is still a routine.  However, the weather has abruptly altered the game time or venue on a few occasions that I remember,   In 1977, MHS was scheduled to host the championship game, but their field was in such bad shape after days of rain, the venue was moved and the game time moved to Alcoa High School and Milan won 20-7.  In 2003, hurricane Irvine caused the semi-final game with Mo West to be moved from Friday night to Saturday afternoon at 3pm.  Mo West won 17-14 in OT.  Last week, the game was moved from Friday to Thursday during game week (another routine change) and the Rebels played very flat.  If Warren County had been a little better team (they fought very hard), the Rebels would have loss. 

However, I think CHS will give the Rebels all they want and more. I'm just hoping for good weather and a Friday game (routine not disturbed)!

Wow thanks for that Trivia OldRebel2 , I was on that 77 team and I didn't even know we were Scheduled to Play that Game at Maryville !! I remember talking to Jeff Smith a few years ago and I think he was actually on that Milan team as an 8th grader .... I bet Jeff was a big Ol Boy even as an 8th Grader !! LOL