William Blount football 2016

Governm

Our school system is too poor or cheap to install turf at "The Ship" so we gotta pay for it somehow!

Nothing wrong with a grass field at all long as it is maintained well which I'm sure OR would be. A lot of the fields that have turf were over ran with to many events being played on them which turned them into gardens by the end of the year.  Maryville had to do a drainage system on their field which was twenty years overdue so while doing that it made sense to spend the other half and get turf.

WB played Loudon a 3A team in the spring and are scrimmaging a 4A team now.

WB scrimmages Seymour at Seymour this evening. It looks like the weather will cooperate.

Gov91, how do you feel about that? Do you think Seymour can challenge Schad's offense this year?

I was always concerned when WB tried to get overconfident by playing smaller schools. Then when WB had to line up against strong 5A  schools and 6A schools their players were unprepared. 

In the last 4 yrs I think almost all of WBs wins have been against a 3A school ( Loudon)  and 5A schools (Heritage and LC)

That's why I was really happy Schad was scrimmaging OR even though I bet Higgins won't play.

WB played Loudon a 3A team in the spring and are scrimmaging a 4A team now.

Gov91, how do you feel about that? Do you think Seymour can challenge Schad's offense this year?

I was always concerned when WB tried to get overconfident by playing smaller schools. Then when WB had to line up against strong 5A schools and 6A schools their players were unprepared.

In the last 4 yrs I think almost all of WBs wins have been against a 3A school ( Loudon) and 5A schools (Heritage and LC)

That's why I was really happy Schad was scrimmaging OR even though I bet Higgins won't play.

WB has scrimmaged Seymour every year for the last 5 years or longer, and WB has struggled with them more often than not. Last year, WB scored 6 tds to their 5. I expect WB to beat them handily today. If they don't, it might be a sign that we will have another bad year. Edited by Governors91