Round 2 Houston Co @ Wayne Co

wildcat89

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hope it's a rainy mess. I feel like that helped neutralize the game a bit. Had HC came out the second half playing ball it could have been a 28-14 or even 28-21 game. We could atleast competed a little bit. Mr. Rice did not faulted in the rain but his reviewers did. That's a big big deal. I'm anxious to see what Monterey did to hold Wayne to 21 points . I expected to see a blow out. Maybe Monterey was tougher than I expected or maybe they found a slight weakness in an otherwise perfect Wayne team. Either way win or lose I hope HC makes this a respectable 2nd round playoff game

I actually hope it's a rainy mess. I feel like that helped neutralize the game a bit. Had HC came out the second half playing ball it could have been a 28-14 or even 28-21 game. We could atleast competed a little bit. Mr. Rice did not faulted in the rain but his reviewers did. That's a big big deal. I'm anxious to see what Monterey did to hold Wayne to 21 points . I expected to see a blow out. Maybe Monterey was tougher than I expected or maybe they found a slight weakness in an otherwise perfect Wayne team. Either way win or lose I hope HC makes this a respectable 2nd round playoff game

Monterey is a good team, big up front and physical. There were hardly no penalties for either team which kept the clock running and with the field an absolute mess there wasn't a whole lot of passing going on. Lots of slipping and sliding both ways on cuts where the runner fell down probably wouldn't have happened on a dry field. WC only scored 21 but the big thing is Monterey never threatened to score. WC played the bend but don't break defense which gave up some first downs but every time Monterey would start moving WC would tighten up and shut them down. I look for HC to come out swinging and give it all they got for four quarters but just don't think they have enough to hang.

I appreciate your insight on round one I was really curious I'm excited to be apart of round two football regardless. No better way to experience it than to play the best of the region. Looking forward to it wildcats . We will bring everything we've got .

I know y'all will bring it, them HC boys play hard! Win or lose either way just hope for a good safe game that's hard fought to the end, the seniors on both sides need to walk away knowing they left it all on the field!

I know y'all will bring it, them HC boys play hard! Win or lose either way just hope for a good safe game that's hard fought to the end, the seniors on both sides need to walk away knowing they left it all on the field!

Absolutely, agree 100 % can't wait for Friday night lights . Nothing else in the world like it