Mount Juliet at Whitehaven

MJGOLDENBEARS

WH has one offense and that's #11, after that they are a 5-5 team no better. If he was playing elsewhere this would not be the same team. Their second threat is their band which is awesome I must say. Loud and proud, hits the bass drums hard while your offense is on the field. We had a great time there as everyone was so very nice and hospitable. Great community and great communal support. Not sure of who I will be rooting for in round 3. Should I root for the blue faction which I love to hate, I will let my decision known soon.

WH has one offense and that's #11, after that they are a 5-5 team no better. If he was playing elsewhere this would not be the same team. Their second threat is their band which is awesome I must say. Loud and proud, hits the bass drums hard while your offense is on the field. We had a great time there as everyone was so very nice and hospitable. Great community and great communal support. Not sure of who I will be rooting for in round 3. Should I root for the blue faction which I love to hate, I will let my decision known soon.

I could see how you might feel that way after he ran for over 320 and sat out the whole 4th qrt but 5-5...c'mon man! He is a special back but I honestly think behind that line our other backs could put up big numbers as well. Glad y'all enjoyed the Haven! I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll see you guys

Edited by Havengrad04

No, 5-5, too many penalties on the line of scrimmage. Two keys for a team to beat WH, contain number 11 and run a hurry up offense. Haven seemed to be gassed or lazy to the LOS. They are a big play team that is all behind number 11. Now all that being said last night Mount Juliet couldn't contain him, ran the hurry up and were mediocre successful on that and finally the big plays, we just couldn't stop the big plays.

No, 5-5, too many penalties on the line of scrimmage. Two keys for a team to beat WH, contain number 11 and run a hurry up offense. Haven seemed to be gassed or lazy to the LOS. They are a big play team that is all behind number 11. Now all that being said last night Mount Juliet couldn't contain him, ran the hurry up and were mediocre successful on that and finally the big plays, we just couldn't stop the big plays.

Sounds like we had an off night. Glad we were able to pull it off. Mistakes and penalties will kill the best of teams as u go deeper in the playoffs. 11's been doing that all season tho. Hoping it continues a few more weeks

Now I have to speak up on this. First, MJ could have ran an hurry up offense, wild-cat, I-formation, Pro-style or whatever. There was 0 % success rate last night vs the Whitehaven defense. They are big, fast, and SMART.  I witnessed total control by the WHS defense all night.  Also, not sure if you realized but most of the 4th quarter was the Whitehaven's 2nd string defense. Also, stating that #11 is the only offense is totally incorrect. The only reason that WHS kept giving to #11 is because MJ really couldn't stop it.

Lastly, saying that WHS would be 5-5 without #11 is totally a shot against WHS. We have other capable running backs that can step up if need be. Also, there is no way on God's green earth that the WHS defense would allow 5 losses.

Edited by lasal2000
  • Upvote 1

#11 is all we have, really??? The only reason you didn get a big dose of #20 our other RB id because he rolled his previous injured ankle in the first half and he didn play anymore..and he is faster than #11...second MJ had 2 DB's covering our wr #1..so it would have been stupid to throw to him, but when yall went one on one we hit for bout a 60yd TD but I guess you forgot that one...one player will make us a 5-5 team now that's hilarious. ...MJ could have made it a bit more competitive had they not been double teaming WR #1 all nite...but then a again maybe not... that was a nice trick punt play. .. and I love yalls kicker/punter.. that guy will be in the NFL one day..he put on a kicking display during warmups...