Round 2-Clarksville Northeast @ Henry County

SEC1rules

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game Pats. A bit up and down, though. Got off to a very hot start taking a 21-0 lead in the first quarter, then we kinda fell asleep at the wheel until halftime letting NE climb back into within 7 at the break. Found our footing again in the 2nd half and managed to pull away.

Hats off to Northeast on turning their season around. I don't know who all are underclassmen and who all are seniors, but they have some very nice looking talent. #12 is a stud. If there is much youth in that group, they could definitely be a team to watch next season.

#7 had a phenomenal game for us tonight.

Nice win, guys. Onto Centennial.  

Good game Pats. A bit up and down, though. Got off to a very hot start taking a 21-0 lead in the first quarter, then we kinda fell asleep at the wheel until halftime letting NE climb back into within 7 at the break. Found our footing again in the 2nd half and managed to pull away.

Hats off to Northeast on turning their season around. I don't know who all are underclassmen and who all are seniors, but they have some very nice looking talent. #12 is a stud. If there is much youth in that group, they could definitely be a team to watch next season.

#7 had a phenomenal game for us tonight.

Nice win, guys. Onto Centennial.  

They did turn their season around with a lot of help from Central office since they wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if Clarksville High's wins were not taken away. However good win Henry, go get that payback from Centennial next week.

I have been reading this board for years and never commented. I very rarely miss a game, but I have found myself really not caring as much about this team. Most of the kids on this team are Grade A young men, students and athletes. The behind the scenes drama with this team has been off the charts and I think a lot of fans are growing weary of the politics. I know that I am.

I certainly want HC to WIN tonight and every night.....I would just prefer it to be the right way....

I find myself extremely confused reading your post. You seem to be either badly misinformed or you talk out of both sides of your mouth. The first (negative) thing you mention here is "politics." So let's address this first. When speaking of such subjects, (if you actually want to be taken seriously) it would serve you better to talk with specifics when making these accusations ...especially given you are afforded this opportunity while hiding behind some disguise or login name. So, here are some particulars you should include in order not to be labeled as a fraud.

1.) who holds such political power over our football program?

2.) what behind the scenes decisions have they made with Coach Counce, Coach Harrison, or Coach Summers?

3.) what players are being played ahead of others due to this person/persons "political pull?"

4.) what player/players are being held out in favor of this player who has the "political pull" on his side?

5.) when speaking of "many fans growing weary"...what evidence do you have to substantiate this claim?

Now...on to you "not really caring much about this team" yet suggesting that "most of these young men are grade A students and athletes"....I ask you now to define your idea of;

A.) support

B.) team

C.) drama

D.) weary

I ask you to define these because after reading this initial post, you leave me very confused about what I have always understood these words to mean by their definition.

Lastly, might I offer you my sincerest gratitude for not positing in the past... But rather only reading in the past because your post leaves me very confused and misguided. It could leave those "not as close to the program" the feeling that hardwork, talent, discipline, trust, commitment, team building, accountability, high academic standards, community involvement, and athletic excellence and NOT the pillars and foundation that OUR program is built on. Thankfully, I'm close enough to the program that I know

differently...and if anyone else has questions regarding this person's post, (and the fiction he has presented) I would ask that you address it would someone of substance rather than blogging about it for every other fan in the state to read and wonder..!

Go Big Red!