RIVERDALE OAKLAND BATTLE OF THE BORO 2.O

warrior82dad

I just hope that 'if' there is a change coming, the powers that be go ahead and do it.  That way we can be ahead of the curve for a change in selecting the NEW Coach.  The waiting until the last minute the last time is the main reason we got Coach A.

runtheball, Coach do you think Carson would be interested?  Or is he fed up with the BS politics in this county?

Someone PLEASE tell the Superintendent that if we are going to get a new Principal at the end of this year, can it be announced NOW so a prospective Coach will know?

Now some interesting 'possibilities'.

Coach Britton........hey I admit it, I'm prejudice for him. 

Coach White?  Another good Coach and R'dale alum that truly loves the school and players.

Coach Wyatt?  After all Rankin did promise the R'dale program to him.  Of course that was when we had a PROGRAM!

Hey lets just get Maryville's Coach and watch the Gold Balls roll in again!  LOL

I just hope that 'if' there is a change coming, the powers that be go ahead and do it. That way we can be ahead of the curve for a change in selecting the NEW Coach. The waiting until the last minute the last time is the main reason we got Coach A.

runtheball, Coach do you think Carson would be interested? Or is he fed up with the BS politics in this county?

Someone PLEASE tell the Superintendent that if we are going to get a new Principal at the end of this year, can it be announced NOW so a prospective Coach will know?

Coach White? Another good Coach and R'dale alum that truly loves the school and players.

Coach Wyatt? After all Rankin did promise the R'dale program to him. Of course that was when we had a PROGRAM!

Hey lets just get Maryville's Coach and watch the Gold Balls roll in again! LOL

You hit on a point that I think is key..... Not sure I'd want to work for a program when I don't know who my boss would be

Has Nolan done something wrong as principle? I know you guys feel he picked the wrong football coach. Besides that. Has he done something that would get him fired as a principal? I didn't know picking the wrong football coach is a firable offense. I know Riverdale's tradition when it comes to football. I get that. So please don't recite it again. Just curious if there is more to what we have heard on message boards? And yes I understand that some boosters may be driving that call to arms. But having trouble seeing why a principle gets fired or asked to resign because of a poor showing by a head coach that he picked. Doesn't the principle sign off/ hire all head coaches at the high school level. The reason I am ask is because maybe he isn't gonna be fired. Is he gonna retire? Resign?

Has Nolan done something wrong as principle? I know you guys feel he picked the wrong football coach. Besides that. Has he done something that would get him fired as a principal? I didn't know picking the wrong football coach is a firable offense. I know Riverdale's tradition when it comes to football. I get that. So please don't recite it again. Just curious if there is more to what we have heard on message boards? And yes I understand that some boosters may be driving that call to arms. But having trouble seeing why a principle gets fired or asked to resign because of a poor showing by a head coach that he picked. Doesn't the principle sign off/ hire all head coaches at the high school level. The reason I am ask is because maybe he isn't gonna be fired. Is he gonna retire? Resign?

Not trying to get him fired, but there are multiple 'rumors' that HE wants to retire at the end of this year.  He was mainly staying around to become the NEW Principal at the Rockvale High School when it was built.  Thing is Stewarts Creet was chosen and the Rockvale one is up in the air now.  Mr. Nolan is seeing how much fun his Brother is having since he retired from Siegel.

I just hope that 'if' there is a change coming, the powers that be go ahead and do it.  That way we can be ahead of the curve for a change in selecting the NEW Coach.  The waiting until the last minute the last time is the main reason we got Coach A.

runtheball, Coach do you think Carson would be interested?  Or is he fed up with the BS politics in this county?

Coach White?  Another good Coach and R'dale alum that truly loves the school and players.

Coach Wyatt?  After all Rankin did promise the R'dale program to him.  Of course that was when we had a PROGRAM!

Hey lets just get Maryville's Coach and watch the Gold Balls roll in again!  LOL

You mentioned a lot of the old assistant coaches but in my opinion you left out the best one to leave the Rankin line of Coaches who had a lot to do with the best years at Riverdale! He was loved by all the players and parents! The strength program was second to none under his watch! He won a state title at the school he left Riverdale for in his second or third year! Coach Ron Crawford! If you guys really want the old Riverdale ways back he's your man it's just you'll have to fight the bruins for him! They let him get away once and realized what they lost and brought him back!

Edited by oldfan41

You mentioned a lot of the old assistant coaches but in my opinion you left out the best one to leave the Rankin line of Coaches who had a lot to do with the best years at Riverdale! He was loved by all the players and parents! The strength program was second to none under his watch! He won a state title at the school he left Riverdale for in his second or third year! Coach Ron Crawford! If you guys really want the old Riverdale ways back he's your man it's just you'll have to fight the bruins for him! They let him get away once and realized what they lost and brought him back!

Crawford actually won his 1st year at Brentwood. He came back to Riverdale a 2nd time because he realized how utterly hopeless it would be to try to turn things around at Coffee Co. He's not leaving Brentwood for Riverdale

Crawford actually won his 1st year at Brentwood. He came back to Riverdale a 2nd time because he realized how utterly hopeless it would be to try to turn things around at Coffee Co. He's not leaving Brentwood for Riverdale

You may be right I'm just saying he would be their best choice out of old assistant coaches!