RIVERDALE OAKLAND BATTLE OF THE BORO 2.O

warrior82dad

Nolan probably hasn't committed any offense that should get him fired at this level. Just seems that he lacks any vision, any motivation, and real dedication to making Riverdale great again.  Anyone could see that the program was in the wrong hands by about Aydelott's 3rd year.  Nolan put his friendship with Aydelott before the best interest of the school. 

Riverdale has had numerous issues...girls basketball on probation, football booster funds, football player abuse that reached the point of a student attacking the coach.  I'm sure there's more.  None of those, in itself, would get a principal fired but at some point you have to look at the pattern. The assault on Aydelott goes back to a lack of judgement everywhere...Aydelott should have been long gone several years ago.  Who knows what would have happened. That kid might have been an all state DL leading Riverdale to a state championship rather than having his life ruined.

So many kids have been so badly damaged by the Nolan/Aydelott team.  Really a sad situation.      

Nolan probably hasn't committed any offense that should get him fired at this level. Just seems that he lacks any vision, any motivation, and real dedication to making Riverdale great again.  Anyone could see that the program was in the wrong hands by about Aydelott's 3rd year.  Nolan put his friendship with Aydelott before the best interest of the school. 

Riverdale has had numerous issues...girls basketball on probation, football booster funds, football player abuse that reached the point of a student attacking the coach.  I'm sure there's more.  None of those, in itself, would get a principal fired but at some point you have to look at the pattern. The assault on Aydelott goes back to a lack of judgement everywhere...Aydelott should have been long gone several years ago.  Who knows what would have happened. That kid might have been an all state DL leading Riverdale to a state championship rather than having his life ruined.

So many kids have been so badly damaged by the Nolan/Aydelott team.  Really a sad situation.      

Graduating two kids from Riverdale the one fault I see in Nolan is that he is too nice. A not rock the boat and loyal to a fault type of guy. I do know this has been troubling him to the point where retirement on his part is a big possibility at the end of the year. Lets hope he understands that a change needs to be made now in order to structure things for next year..If im guessing they will wait until after they playoffs to make the move..

Graduating two kids from Riverdale the one fault I see in Nolan is that he is too nice. A not rock the boat and loyal to a fault type of guy. I do know this has been troubling him to the point where retirement on his part is a big possibility at the end of the year. Lets hope he understands that a change needs to be made now in order to structure things for next year..If im guessing they will wait until after they playoffs to make the move..

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said and Nolan has been loyal to a fault in some instances, but loyalty and kindness are traits that are in short supply these days. I don't know Nolan personally, but if was a teacher/coach, he seems like a guy that I'd really want to work for

Edited by MidTennFootball

Mr. Nolan is a very nice man! Just my two cents. As far as football goes I have seen with my own eyes the drop off within this program. Hopefully soon this will be rectified. GO WARRIORS!! Bust your butts this offseason! I see Coach Fields is still on this staff. I would think he would not let mistreatment of players slide if he was witness to that. Just a thought because I know he is a good guy!

Edited by warhawks

You mentioned a lot of the old assistant coaches but in my opinion you left out the best one to leave the Rankin line of Coaches who had a lot to do with the best years at Riverdale! He was loved by all the players and parents! The strength program was second to none under his watch! He won a state title at the school he left Riverdale for in his second or third year! Coach Ron Crawford! If you guys really want the old Riverdale ways back he's your man it's just you'll have to fight the bruins for him! They let him get away once and realized what they lost and brought him back!

Yes I agree Crawfod would be a good pick.  VERY GOOD defensive mind.   Rankin kept him from getting Blackman its first year the same way he kept Britton from getting Siegel when it came open.

Weight room success was the baby of Coach Britton and White. 

Regardless whoever comes in, the OLD DISCIPLINE needs to come back.  You know, the year round conditioning and weight lifting!

Would be REAL interesting to see Crawford and Britton back at the same time!

Mr. Nolan is a very nice man! Just my two cents. As far as football goes I have seen with my own eyes the drop off within this program. Hopefully soon this will be rectified. GO WARRIORS!! Bust your butts this offseason! I see Coach Fields is still on this staff. I would think he would not let mistreatment of players slide if he was witness to that. Just a thought because I know he is a good guy!

I agree.

Coach Fields still coaches the wide receivers, but is powerless to fix anything.  The fact that ALL the old staff was ignored was part of the reason some left.  Coach Fields is concentrating on his Coach supplement for Track and Field.

Just out of curiosity, who is actually Athletic Director now?

• Upvote 1

Coach Fields still coaches the wide receivers, but is powerless to fix anything.  The fact that ALL the old staff was ignored was part of the reason some left.  Coach Fields is concentrating on his Coach supplement for Track and Field.

Just out of curiosity, who is actually Athletic Director now?

Not sure who the AD is LOD! They don't list it on the web site! I'm wondering if its Coach A?

Omg you are an idiot. The wildcat is not the wing T. If there's only one man in the back field just where then are the wing T blockers? I've forgotten more about football and coaching than you will ever know in a lifetime. Quit embarrassing Oakland.

They still run some Wing T, but they are very multiple from what I have seen on film.