HOW CAN ANYONE CANCEL A FOOTBALL GAME BECAUSE OF R

stackboy

I was at the BA game and it didnt rain at all. I think brentwood was just afraid because the ground was wet. It didnt rain at all during the game last night. I didnt even need a rain jacket. The was extremely muddy though. We knocked McCallie's QB down so many times the mud covered his number on the back of his jersey. But there was no reason that anyone, in Brentwood at least, should have postponed their games. And yes there werent as many fans at the game but in turned out to be just a normal chilly classic football friday night.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VOLCOWBOY

This is the most horrendous thing I've ever heard! TSSAA ought to be ashamed to let teams cancel due to rain. ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! That's when the BEST teams are suppose to emerge no matter the odds or conditions! I love High School football in Tennessee, but I am ashamed of the enitire program now. It rained last night in Virginia, but not one game was cancelled. What a joke. I trult hope that the 2 winners from tonight's games are blown away by their opponents next week. A true championship calibur team plays anywhere, anytime, and in any weather! IT'S CALLED FOOTBALL PEOPLE! When I was living in Lincoln County, there was never a game postponed, delayed, or cancelled due to rain. And there wasn't an empty seat in the pit.

Posted by VOLCOWBOY:

I trult hope that the 2 winners from tonight's games are blown away by their opponents next week.

Now hold up just a little there VOLCOWBOY. Don't you think you should wish that only on the home teams for tonight? After all they are the ones who had the authority to call the games off.

Of course I'd rather the home teams get blown away tonight. :)

Del (who will be getting on the road about 2.)

Guest Bruins02

Forget the signature...I'm not Bruins02...Cowboy why would you care when the game is played, were you coming? Quit being so sophomoric. Have any idea the condition of the field? Ever even seen the field? If Brentwood had the grass BA has the game would have been played. Water was cut off to the field for 2 weeks during the hottest/driest part of the summer and we have fought to maintain minimal turf ever since. The same players, playing by the same rules will be on the field tonight. No big deal! Go sign up for PETA or The Sierra Club if you need an emotional cause.

The only reason Brentwood called off that game was for one reason. SCARED ! How else can you look at it ? 2 games were called off in the entire state ? Please... they were worried about hurt personnel and a one sided offense. If the field was in such bad shape on Friday they must have ran helicopters on the field all day on Saturday because from my view it wasn't even damp much less a mud bowl as they portrayed it to the Tennessean. Franklin stuffs # 11 and the game will be all REBELS :)

Guest cathead98

WHAT IS A HOG PILE?

Posted by KevB1990

I never have been a big Larry Kerr fan, now I'm even less of one.

As he was quoted in the Sentiel:

"It was worse than a hog pile," Kerr said after a 14-0 loss to Gatlinburg-Pittman in the second round of the state Class 3A playoffs. "I'm not making excuses, but the game should have been called off."

Sounds like an excuse to me. Want cheese with that whine?

I just have even less respect for Kerr now than I did.

[Edited by cathead98 on 11-18-02 6:22P]

Guest sistersdream

noone knows the condition of the fields, unlessyou go to the home school. you dont know what you talk about so your opinions mean NOTHING. I WENT TO BRENTWOOD ACADEMY, and there is noway I would like my field to look like it does if I were Brentwood High having to play another game. Dont compare the BA field to the BHS field, because BA went into the game KNOWING they wouldnt have to play another game at their house. Its over now, and BHS will take care of business against Franklin..

and someone said something about taking out #11, haha I laugh at your foolishness, take out the toughest QB in the state??? haha

Did anyone ever think some coaches might also take into consideration the players' safety? This is playoff time and losing some essential players due to a slip in bad field conditions could be detremental to the team not to mention the player himself. I know there are a lot of things to be considered in postponing a game, and I'm sure coaches take everything into consideration. Are we sure that we know exactly what decision we would make in their position???

Give the coaches credit. They made a decision that was within their power and that's it.