Why wait!? HAMPTON HOSTS GCA!

Raven52

One thing that really got to me Friday nite, and I know alot of ppl seen this happen, but Hampton missed ALOT of tackles due to diving at the runner. Altho I know the AE players were fast but still got to have the basics, breaking down, wrapping up, I seen them diving all over the place missing big tackles for loss! But I will say this, they made alot of HARD HITS, and the D held their ground and played darn good. PROUD OF ALL THESE DOGS! THIS BULLDOG TEAM REALLY AMAZES ME! Can't wait to see them send GCA PACKIN!

Wish you fellers didn't have the late season junk. It could have very well been you guys up here this Friday. At one point I thought you were the top team in region 2. I heard you lost 2 guys before the HV game and to lose # 1 on friday was the straw that broke the camels back. Tough luck

True. Lost starting MLB/Pulling G the day before HV game over some stupid crap. Lost OLB to a knee injury in Tellico game. All the BS over #1 fell out at the team meal in front of the whole team aprox. 2 hours before kickoff Friday. We came out shell-shocked (pun intended). Please forgive me. I'm an angry and heartbroken parent. The remaining 45 players and our coaching staff were victimized by 2 selfish individuals we made the mistake of calling TEAMates. Before all you GCA fans jump me and accuse me of making excuses, I want to make it clear that I AM NOT. Grace deserved the W. Well played. Capitalized on mistakes. Apologies to you guys regarding my defense of said player regarding the ejection earlier in the season. If I had known then what I know now I NEVER would have taken that stance. We are a proud little community down here. Proud of our athletic programs. I'm ashamed of something that none of us have any control over. Truly sad. With that said, I can't take anything away from the accomplishments of our team this season (minus the 2 individuals). We were supposed to be rebuilding this season and still finished 9-3. Won our first Region Championship in well over a decade. I'm really proud of our 11 seniors. Gritty bunch that came together and made this season a success. There's my rant fellas. My last RW post till baseball season starts. Wish both teams the best of luck Friday. Stay healthy and make all of us in regions 1/2 proud. Take it all the way to Cookeville. Injury free game fellas. God Bless.

True. Lost starting MLB/Pulling G the day before HV game over some stupid crap. Lost OLB to a knee injury in Tellico game. All the BS over #1 fell out at the team meal in front of the whole team aprox. 2 hours before kickoff Friday. We came out shell-shocked (pun intended). Please forgive me. I'm an angry and heartbroken parent. The remaining 45 players and our coaching staff were victimized by 2 selfish individuals we made the mistake of calling TEAMates. Before all you GCA fans jump me and accuse me of making excuses, I want to make it clear that I AM NOT. Grace deserved the W. Well played. Capitalized on mistakes. Apologies to you guys regarding my defense of said player regarding the ejection earlier in the season. If I had known then what I know now I NEVER would have taken that stance. We are a proud little community down here. Proud of our athletic programs. I'm ashamed of something that none of us have any control over. Truly sad. With that said, I can't take anything away from the accomplishments of our team this season (minus the 2 individuals). We were supposed to be rebuilding this season and still finished 9-3. Won our first Region Championship in well over a decade. I'm really proud of our 11 seniors. Gritty bunch that came together and made this season a success. There's my rant fellas. My last RW post till baseball season starts. Wish both teams the best of luck Friday. Stay healthy and make all of us in regions 1/2 proud. Take it all the way to Cookeville. Injury free game fellas. God Bless.

Class post and I feel bad for the boys and that situation.

Heckuva post. Nobody had the Tigers winning the region and they did. Good year for those guys. Definitely don't want it to be overshadowed by the ending. Truly sad, and I absolutely hate it for the ones that were depending on them.

I will say this tn14, You are a class act!! No need to appologize for taking a stance for your team!! But it takes a true man to admit when he is wrong!! I can say that if this issue happened to most any of us that we would have defended the kid also! But that is just sad that it had to come to this. But unfortunately for your team it was obviously true!! You all had a heck of a season and will be back in the mix again! Thanks for the well wishes and good luck to Rockwood in the future!

TN14, I'm way up here in the mtns. I don't have a clue what's going on in RW. But most of us knew of the stigma surrounding #1. Apparently the staff felt like the pros would outweigh the cons. They gave the kid a chance. However, I understand your frustration. It's the other 45 (especially the 11 seniors) who were let down by this situation.

C'mon up Friday and we'll watch Hampton whoop them sweatervesters!

The only teams that have played both Hampton and Grace are AE, Gatlinburg Pittman and Sweetwater. I don't think Sweetwater has any posters. I would like to hear some take on this game from Turtle and Harley. What do you guys think?

I know Grace put us out last year and that has been a thorn in the players side since last year. Should be another barn-burner on Friday. Go Dogs!!

They beat us with our QB hobbled on a broken ankle 2-1/2 weeks fresh....no scrambling and passing nor running for the last 2-1/2 qtrs.

We're healthy just as we has prayed to be at this time

Bad choice of words.They came from 20 down to take the lead and YES Hampton did what most thought they couldn't do and pull out a hard fought win.That has to say that the Hampton D is not the strong point putting points on the board is.As I said I think it was a great win.But if you all think GCA won't be just as good that will get you.As I said if GCA doesn't cause you all a different set of issues I will gladly say I am wrong.I still think Hampton can win but I also think GCA can also.Just like the rest of us this time of the year ALL teams can take the other out.

Our D is stout!! We held AE twice on 1st down and goal...I forget how many times they punted....We got burnt on bad open field tackling...But AE was, once again, THE fastest team I may have ever seen

BDF, AE cut so dang fast in open field, it was amazing! How many times you seen Jones or LJ burnt in open field? Not many I know!

Pujo, ole raven is a good one and pride usually is too :D but never doubt the majority feel they are superior in every category and it's beneath most of them to have to play a team like us...again (I've got good sources GCA so don't come belittling my post!)

GCA is a lot like the majority of Elizabethton fans!! Superior, Until they show up to work for ya on Monday morning!

GCA will come with attitude and aim to humiliate the backwoods, country hicks (good sources again...got new construction going on all over Knox Co)...We just gotta make sure to hit them in the mouth harder and more often.

BDF, AE cut so dang fast in open field, it was amazing! How many times you seen Jones or LJ burnt in open field? Not many I know!

Pujo, ole raven is a good one and pride usually is too :D but never doubt the majority feel they are superior in every category and it's beneath most of them to have to play a team like us...again (I've got good sources GCA so don't come belittling my post!)

GCA is a lot like the majority of Elizabethton fans!! Superior, Until they show up to work for ya on Monday morning!

GCA will come with attitude and aim to humiliate the backwoods, country hicks (good sources again...got new construction going on all over Knox Co)...We just gotta make sure to hit them in the mouth harder and more often.

Now hold on there! I have been nothing but respectful. Just cause we have a few yuppie yappers in our fan base doesn't mean we think we are superior! Y'all have the better record that's why you're hosting the game. I'd be curious to know your sources. It's just kids running their mouths or parents complaining about the drive. I love road trips to small towns. It's the best place for football hands down.