Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMBO I was reminding Truth about it. It didn't even take studying Murphy's Poll to make the prediction. They will be good next season as well. The defense should be stellar and the offense will still be tough, but will miss Walters and Henderson. They almost single handily beat us this season. Two special players.

Henderson didnt do much against the pirates, on offense anyway. Defensively he played really well. Logan had a great night on offense, as did everyone that touched it. Several sophomores had good nights as well. We didnt punt one time that night, i dont think. Whether sp people like him or not, ross has all the tools to become a great coach. He gets the process to build a program. He understands and gets the young guys sprinkled in, when previous coaches have just ran and ran the upperclassmen. The last two years by the end of the year you can start to see where the holes will be filled from the departing seniors. Yes we will miss walt, henderson and the rest of the seniors, but numbers wise we lost a lot more last year. These young sophomores have stepped up and grown into their roles and will fill in nicely next year and look for some of these freshmen to get a lot of playing time next year, as will several incoming freshmen. Who knows, the search for the next qb might just settle itself if some rumors hold any weight.....we will see.

Henderson didnt do much against the pirates, on offense anyway. Defensively he played really well. Logan had a great night on offense, as did everyone that touched it. Several sophomores had good nights as well. We didnt punt one time that night, i dont think. Whether sp people like him or not, ross has all the tools to become a great coach. He gets the process to build a program. He understands and gets the young guys sprinkled in, when previous coaches have just ran and ran the upperclassmen. The last two years by the end of the year you can start to see where the holes will be filled from the departing seniors. Yes we will miss walt, henderson and the rest of the seniors, but numbers wise we lost a lot more last year. These young sophomores have stepped up and grown into their roles and will fill in nicely next year and look for some of these freshmen to get a lot of playing time next year, as will several incoming freshmen. Who knows, the search for the next qb might just settle itself if some rumors hold any weight.....we will see.

Yes, Marion lost more in numbers last season. Walters torched us this season. Next year's senior class for Marion County will also be very good, but they do lose 2-3 very good offensive players this season. This possibility of the incoming QB is far fetched, but I have heard that as well. Do you really think he would make that move? Saying he is better than Walt is a big statement.

I didnt say he was better than walt by any means. Either way mc will be in fine shape at the qb position. Look for #11 to be the frontrunner to replace him. He is very athletic and elusive as well. I think he would be better suited to stay at rb but he knows the offense well and could play there. Saylors will step up in a big way next year also. Capps also had about 75 yrds on 4 carries. I look for him to add weight and learn the rb position a little better next year. Mcclain is another runner that has excellent speed and vision that they havent had to use much this year and is more the fullback type. Hansard is another. Cupboard is relatively full for next year at least. There will be a dropoff after next year for a minute then there are a ton of athletes headed upbfrom the middle school.

I didnt say he was better than walt by any means. Either way mc will be in fine shape at the qb position. Look for #11 to be the frontrunner to replace him. He is very athletic and elusive as well. I think he would be better suited to stay at rb but he knows the offense well and could play there. Saylors will step up in a big way next year also. Capps also had about 75 yrds on 4 carries. I look for him to add weight and learn the rb position a little better next year. Mcclain is another runner that has excellent speed and vision that they havent had to use much this year and is more the fullback type. Hansard is another. Cupboard is relatively full for next year at least. There will be a dropoff after next year for a minute then there are a ton of athletes headed upbfrom the middle school.

That's right. A ton of athletes. We just hope to compete with Marion in the future. I agree that the future is still bright.

Lol.....i think mc wins next year and after that the pirates will be favored for a few years. A lot will depend on who is on the sidelines as the head coaches.

I'm not saying we will win next season, but I believe it could be a four quarter game. As far as who is on the sidelines? Ross will be there as long as he wants and Coach Grider should be at SP for the next 4-5 years.

LMBO I was reminding Truth about it. It didn't even take studying Murphy's Poll to make the prediction. They will be good next season as well. The defense should be stellar and the offense will still be tough, but will miss Walters and Henderson. They almost single handily beat us this season. Two special players.

There is someone missed every year, but every year they are replaced.  It is not a zero sum game, younguns get better and sometimes better than the irreplaceable people they are replacing.

There is someone missed every year, but every year they are replaced. It is not a zero sum game, younguns get better and sometimes better than the irreplaceable people they are replacing.

So what's your point? Some are irreplaceable. Zemen wasn't replaceable. Walters isn't either. SP has had several through the years that weren't replaceable either. You might have a good kid stepping into those spots, but there will be a slight drop off trying to replace those two guys.

We had our Middle school football banquet last week and Coach Ross was there and talked to the kids and parents. Talking to him afterwards he is very excited about the kids that are coming up. There will be a new #21 for the Warriors next year and by the time he is a senior he could be the best to ever wear that #. We have some good linemen moving up and in the next few years (if the kids stick with it) tons of speed at skill positions.

Speaking of sophomores in an earlier post that's the class that Coach Ross is the most excited about.

Yes, Marion lost more in numbers last season. Walters torched us this season. Next year's senior class for Marion County will also be very good, but they do lose 2-3 very good offensive players this season. This possibility of the incoming QB is far fetched, but I have heard that as well. Do you really think he would make that move? Saying he is better than Walt is a big statement.

Being close to the situation, it's not as far fetched as you think. If you weren't going to be at the SP game Friday you might see for yourself lol.

So what's your point? Some are irreplaceable. Zemen wasn't replaceable. Walters isn't either. SP has had several through the years that weren't replaceable either. You might have a good kid stepping into those spots, but there will be a slight drop off trying to replace those two guys.

Only point is that players are replaced every year and usually the projections of dropoff or upswing are made using current players and things end up happening differently when the season arrives, aka there will be many surprises than correct predictions. The dropoff that was predicted for this season did not materialize, case in point. Zeman was replaced with several players and if you ask most who know they wouldn't trade this year's team for last.