Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

We had our Middle school football banquet last week and Coach Ross was there and talked to the kids and parents. Talking to him afterwards he is very excited about the kids that are coming up. There will be a new #21 for the Warriors next year and by the time he is a senior he could be the best to ever wear that #. We have some good linemen moving up and in the next few years (if the kids stick with it) tons of speed at skill positions.

Speaking of sophomores in an earlier post that's the class that Coach Ross is the most excited about.

Last season he was the most excited about this year's junior class. He said that class was as good of a class as he's ever coached.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only point is that players are replaced every year and usually the projections of dropoff or upswing are made using current players and things end up happening differently when the season arrives, aka there will be many surprises than correct predictions. The dropoff that was predicted for this season did not materialize, case in point. Zeman was replaced with several players and if you ask most who know they wouldn't trade this year's team for last.

You better check your posts. I never predicted a dropoff this season. I said Zemen wouldn't be replaced and he wasn't. I also said the TEAM overall would be better because all other positions would be improved and they have. I give you guys your props.

You better check your posts. I never predicted a dropoff this season. I said Zemen wouldn't be replaced and he wasn't. I also said the TEAM overall would be better because all other positions would be improved and they have. I give you guys your props.

I wasn't referencing you in particularly saying there would be a drop off many others did, just that you were disussing people that would be hard to replace.  I wasn't really arguing with your point just saying they do get replaced.

I wasn't referencing you in particularly saying there would be a drop off many others did, just that you were disussing people that would be hard to replace. I wasn't really arguing with your point just saying they do get replaced.

Replaced by the next man in line, but maybe not replaced at the full 100% if that makes since. Players like Wigfall, Eddie Brown, Westmoreland, Eddie Moore, Robert Robinson, Blake Zemen don't come around every year. You replace them yes, but most of the time it's with a player that's not quite as "special"