Trenton Peabody vs. Dresden Lions

TheReaper

The Peabody boy has good intentions but not the right "actions" it seems like. Stud athlete no doubt! Sometimes at this level of football emotions run really high and it's hard for adults to relate to what they're feeling. The world is different this day and age, it is that's the reality of it. Winning a Highschool football game like Peabody did Friday night is probably the biggest thing some of these boys have EVER done! I'm not condoning what these boys did after they won the biggest game of their life but I can relate to the emotions they were feeling. that being said, UC is the best 1A football program I've ever watched in person. What a great run!

The Peabody boy has good intentions but not the right "actions" it seems like. Stud athlete no doubt! Sometimes at this level of football emotions run really high and it's hard for adults to relate to what they're feeling. The world is different this day and age, it is that's the reality of it. Winning a Highschool football game like Peabody did Friday night is probably the biggest thing some of these boys have EVER done! I'm not condoning what these boys did after they won the biggest game of their life but I can relate to the emotions they were feeling. that being said, UC is the best 1A football program I've ever watched in person. What a great run!

Agree beating UC is a big deal but is it really a bigger win than the title game last year?

Agree beating UC is a big deal but is it really a bigger win than the title game last year?

Well if you look at the title game last year, Peabody was still 2A. We didn't have to face Union City in the playoffs, and Union City was one of our 2 losses in 2014. The other being the 3A powerhouse Milan. Union City had that huge winning streak going for them too. Union City has been a Juggernaut for all of 1A football in Tennessee and even reached as high as Pennsylvania to make an impression. So it was a big deal.... Not to mention everyone reported last year that Union City could've won the 2A championship in addition to the 1A. Naturally knocking them off this year was a big deal. It doesn't matter if they made mistakes. That's on them. Peabody played a darn good game regardless of excuses made here and clearly won the game. It's a big deal. I have faith in our boys to make another big deal Friday night too.

• Upvote 1

Well if you look at the title game last year, Peabody was still 2A. We didn't have to face Union City in the playoffs, and Union City was one of our 2 losses in 2014. The other being the 3A powerhouse Milan. Union City had that huge winning streak going for them too. Union City has been a Juggernaut for all of 1A football in Tennessee and even reached as high as Pennsylvania to make an impression. So it was a big deal.... Not to mention everyone reported last year that Union City could've won the 2A championship in addition to the 1A. Naturally knocking them off this year was a big deal. It doesn't matter if they made mistakes. That's on them. Peabody played a darn good game regardless of excuses made here and clearly won the game. It's a big deal. I have faith in our boys to make another big deal Friday night too.

Great point,Peabody actually dropped a couple that shoulda been touchdowns!I really didnt feel the game was as close as the scoreboard said!!!I feel we won because of time of possesion,which is something U.C. dominates!Our D line brought the heat also!!!! So will the Tide play Wayne county on the road next week,Ihope so we travel well !!!! And as usaual I shalt end this with a hefty ROLLLLLLLL TIDEEEE