Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

Whatever gives you some sort of self empowerment and makes you feel comforted after the loss. No one is referring to your past success, we are giving you a hard time because week in and week out there are atleast 5-10 HC supporters and possibly 1 fan from the opposing team. You all get all giddy and happy and make these fairytale predictions based off of hypothetical bs. So I was here to let you realize 25-0 is a reality.

You are right.

We need to settle down and not have such a good time talking about our team.  It is harmful and insulting to the other teams.  From now on I, like you, am going to just sit back and appreciate our efforts and just hope the best team wins.  No sense at all in supporting our kids and hoping for a win week after week.  I can certainly understand how this looks to others, especially from schools we don't even play such as Mount Juliet.  I just hope I can do my part to make things better for everyone with my newfound realism.

And a special thanks for MJGoldenbears pointing all this out.  Without such unnecessary concern, I would probably keep using this forum to talk to other Henry County fans about HS football.

Anyhow, I hope everyone gets a trophy and no one goes 6-6 next year and gets their feelings hurt.  

Any team that wins a lot has very confident posters on this board. The ones that lose some here and there are humbled in their opinions. Maryville for example. It's easy for them to post on this board, basically not even worried about who their next opponent is, because they are going to win every time. But the swagger and attitude of their fans will be humbled at some point, because every program will eventually have struggling times.

Centennial was the better team last night, they have one heck of a team. But now they have to get a dose of Indy.

Any team that wins a lot has very confident posters on this board. The ones that lose some here and there are humbled in their opinions. Maryville for example. It's easy for them to post on this board, basically not even worried about who their next opponent is, because they are going to win every time. But the swagger and attitude of their fans will be humbled at some point, because every program will eventually have struggling times.

Centennial was the better team last night, they have one heck of a team. But now they have to get a dose of Indy.

So, do you think it would be ok if I'm not so realistic about our team again?  Or would that make the posters who support teams we don't even play upset?

So, do you think it would be ok if I'm not so realistic about our team again? Or would that make the posters who support teams we don't even play upset?

I don't know... I feel like Henry County realistically thought they were front runners for the title this year, cause they had been there recently. But after seeing a first game loss to Liberty, and a loss to a Centennial team that I knew early on was FORREAL, I just didn't see this group being a state champion caliber this year. Good team, but 5A is tough right now.

I don't know... I feel like Henry County realistically thought they were front runners for the title this year, cause they had been there recently. But after seeing a first game loss to Liberty, and a loss to a Centennial team that I knew early on was FORREAL, I just didn't see this group being a state champion caliber this year. Good team, but 5A is tough right now.

We probably came across that way.  Truth is everyone here knew, and openly talked about, we had a serious pass defense problem and not enough pass offense to make much noise. Our run defense was spectacular for the most part.

For the record, Liberty is as good as anyone we played this year.

We probably came across that way.  Truth is everyone here knew, and openly talked about, we had a serious pass defense problem and not enough pass offense to make much noise. Our run defense was spectacular for the most part.

For the record, Liberty is as good as anyone we played this year.

HC was the fourth best team Centennial played.  Indy, Ravenwood and Southwind would be the top three.

Who's your team BT?  Centennial?

Other than my subdivision being in the Centennial zone, I don't have a connection to the school. I just enjoy HS sports and try to see the local teams play. This year I've seen BGA, Page, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Indy and obviously Centennial.  Because of proximity, I see more Centennial games than the others and caught the first HC game as well as all three playoff games.