Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

In reply to chaos's prediction of short playoff runs soon, that I don't feel like going 5 pages back for..

You may be right. Very rarely will we have the amount of athletes the Wilco schools do.  I think the worst scenario is Crawford inevitably turning Brentwood into a power again and Centennial reloading every year.  The Super 32 is a horrible idea, but as long as it is in place, I figure Indy/Centennial/Brentwood will remain 5A for years to come. Somebody more in the know can correct or clarify.  Seems like they can't build schools in the midstate quick enough.  

With that said, the QB is a sophomore, the 2 RB's were a sophomore, there's young talent at WR... I don't worry about OL with this staff. Some year's they have more to work with than other's, but they'll always get the most out of the line. 

We lose a ton on defense, but we've got some big underclassman as well as some speed. There are plenty of HS coaches across the state that would kill for what our middle school programs can develop, and the last time I checked, Inman still wins a whole lot more than they lose. 

How did you feel in 2008, right after the Hillsboro game? 2 SEC studs (& Mr. Football winner) with another 4 or 5 that would go on to earn FCS scholarships, and we get bounced out of the semi-finals 3 years in a row, and we were (technically) "moving up" in classification. If somebody tried to tell me that 2 state championships were coming in relatively short order, I would have horse-laughed them.

Don't count out the culture.  Henry County football has come a longggggggggg way. Kids grow up dreaming of putting on that helmet.  The program is not in a bad spot.  

In reply to chaos's prediction of short playoff runs soon, that I don't feel like going 5 pages back for..

You may be right. Very rarely will we have the amount of athletes the Wilco schools do.  I think the worst scenario is Crawford inevitably turning Brentwood into a power again and Centennial reloading every year.  The Super 32 is a horrible idea, but as long as it is in place, I figure Indy/Centennial/Brentwood will remain 5A for years to come. Somebody more in the know can correct or clarify.  Seems like they can't build schools in the midstate quick enough.  

With that said, the QB is a sophomore, the 2 RB's were a sophomore, there's young talent at WR... I don't worry about OL with this staff. Some year's they have more to work with than other's, but they'll always get the most out of the line. 

We lose a ton on defense, but we've got some big underclassman as well as some speed. There are plenty of HS coaches across the state that would kill for what our middle school programs can develop, and the last time I checked, Inman still wins a whole lot more than they lose. 

How did you feel in 2008, right after the Hillsboro game? 2 SEC studs (& Mr. Football winner) with another 4 or 5 that would go on to earn FCS scholarships, and we get bounced out of the semi-finals 3 years in a row, and we were (technically) "moving up" in classification. If somebody tried to tell me that 2 state championships were coming in relatively short order, I would have horse-laughed them.

Don't count out the culture.  Henry County football has come a longggggggggg way. Kids grow up dreaming of putting on that helmet.  The program is not in a bad spot.  

Congrats Swarm on another successful season.  Our goal is for next year Springfield and Big Red tailgate in Cookeville before we play for the Gold Balls 

No one is jealous of someone sitting at home watching the TV game of the week!

I know.

We lost and are wallowing in our misery. Your taking time out from your job, family, and hobbies to rub it in makes it hurt so much more. Please leave us to feel sorry for ourselves. I just hope we can somehow find a way to move forward. And I hope you can find enough direction in your life that you can be of some positive influence beyond how you are spending this beautiful day.

HC takes pride in its football program. Doesn't matter if we lose the first round or win the state championship. Fans are going to expect wins, even if they are the underdog. The truth is, Henry County had a great team this year, but Centennial was better. Congratulations HC on a great year. Congratulations also to Centennial and good luck the rest of the way. Represent out district well. To the others talking trash, keep talking. Your time will come.

Edited by redblooded

Tough loss, but we were our own worst enemy in this one. HC will be fine once these youngsters on offense get their feet a little bit warmer. 

Defense will likely have some growing pains next year, but the O should be on point.

Good year for the Patriots. 10-3 is quite an accomplishment after losing all we did to graduation last year.  

Meh. People said the same crap about Sumner County schools after we lost to them in the '09/'10 playoffs. And we're what? Like 5-1 against them since then? We will be fine. I did not come away from last night's game feeling that talent was an issue. The defense played up to the bill and the offense just looked pretty sophomore-laden.

Centennial was just flat out better this year. But that could easily change next year or the year after.  

Edited by MSURacer

Meh. People said the same crap about Sumner County schools after we lost to them in the '09/'10 playoffs. And we're what? Like 5-1 against them since then? We will be fine. I did not come away from last night's game feeling that talent was an issue. The defense played up to the bill and the offense just looked pretty sophomore-laden.

Centennial was just flat out better this year. But that could easily change next year or the year after.  

I've got a great deal of respect for the Sumner County schools, but HHS/Beech/Gallatin/Station Camp is not Independence/Centennial/Brentwood/Ravenwood/Franklin. I know the last 2 in that group are 6A, but still.. Williamson County is the "place" to be. When families relocate to the mid-state area, they're looking for a house in Wilco. The demographics mean that the money will always be there for programs, which means coaching will never be an issue, nor will equipment/weight training. I didn't even mention Summit (another 5A) and Page (a good 4A team). 

I'm not saying that I think we have no chance.. Just that I think you're underestimating how much talent is floating around that county.  

I've got a great deal of respect for the Sumner County schools, but HHS/Beech/Gallatin/Station Camp is not Independence/Centennial/Brentwood/Ravenwood/Franklin. I know the last 2 in that group are 6A, but still.. Williamson County is the "place" to be. When families relocate to the mid-state area, they're looking for a house in Wilco. The demographics mean that the money will always be there for programs, which means coaching will never be an issue, nor will equipment/weight training. I didn't even mention Summit (another 5A) and Page (a good 4A team).

I'm not saying that I think we have no chance.. Just that I think you're underestimating how much talent is floating around that county.

I feel like that's an unfair evaluation to pretty much put it as if Wilco continually is better than HHS, Gallatin, Beech, SC. This year, yes Indy is bar none the best. But honestly, I don't think Henry County, or anybody else from Wilco would've WANTED to play Hville this year. Top to bottom, Wilco was better this year. Yes. But if you asked this same question 3-4 years ago, Sumner was much more talented top to bottom than Wilco. Talent comes in cycles, and right now Wilco is pretty good. But don't portray it as if it's been that way for a while now, cause it definitely hasn't.