Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

I feel like that's an unfair evaluation to pretty much put it as if Wilco continually is better than HHS, Gallatin, Beech, SC. This year, yes Indy is bar none the best. But honestly, I don't think Henry County, or anybody else from Wilco would've WANTED to play Hville this year. Top to bottom, Wilco was better this year. Yes. But if you asked this same question 3-4 years ago, Sumner was much more talented top to bottom than Wilco. Talent comes in cycles, and right now Wilco is pretty good. But don't portray it as if it's been that way for a while now, cause it definitely hasn't.

I'd be interested to see Wilco's economical and population growth over that time compared to Sumner's. I think there's a correlation between that and what I'm saying.  I understand talent is cyclical, but the growth in Wilco is faster than any other county in the state.

Gallatin is one of the most storied programs in the midstate, but you guys are struggling as of late (I hope this ends soon).  Hendersonville is a great team year in and year out, but how many gold balls? Beech has won titles and is a great program. Station Camp... not so much. 

Look at how much Wilco football has grown in 15 years. Hard to imagine that county not being one of, if not the best county in Tennessee most years...

Look at what Ravenwood, Centennial, and Indy have done since 2010.  I know there's not a ton of gold balls in the county, but they're just reloading. Once a system is in place, once a culture is in place, once kids that put the jersey on know what that jersey means... It takes a lot to mess that up.  

Edited by RedSwarm

I'd be interested to see Wilco's economical and population growth over that time compared to Sumner's. I think there's a correlation between that and what I'm saying. I understand talent is cyclical, but the growth in Wilco is faster than any other county in the state.

Gallatin is one of the most storied programs in the midstate, but you guys are struggling as of late (I hope this ends soon). Hendersonville is a great team year in and year out, but how many gold balls? Beech has won titles and is a great program. Station Camp... not so much.

Look at how much Wilco football has grown in 15 years. Hard to imagine that county not being one of, if not the best county in Tennessee most years...

Look at what Ravenwood, Centennial, and Indy have done since 2010. I know there's not a ton of gold balls in the county, but they're just reloading. Once a system is in place, once a culture is in place, once kids that put the jersey on know what that jersey means... It takes a lot to mess that up.

Williamson is going to be getting a new high school I believe next year. Nolansville will download Ravenwood. I do not know what class that will make them. I personally would rather live in Sumner than Williamson because of two huge reasons. Traffic and taxes. Both advantage goes to Sumner. Williamson is definitely growing faster than Sumner and probably a better comparison would be Williamson and Rutherford. They have a good school system in Williamson no doubt and can pay more. Sumner prefers smaller schools for safety reasons. Talent comes and goes. Hatfield and Crabtree both are the winningest coaches in their schools history so I do not see them trading for anybody. They are the schools to beat right now. Station Camp and Gallatin seem to be more interested in getting that one kid than concentrating on keeping up with the other 2 schools. I hope for the best. This is just my opinion.

Good posts.

Clearly this is a popular area with rapid growth.  It is true that the schools mentioned probably have more financial support and related resources than the ordinary county school.  It is also true there are more athletes, more appeal to better coaches, and all that goes with that.

I think what makes things work out fairly is that the talent tends to spread out somewhat equally. Also, it takes years (if it ever happens) to develop a football culture and many of these new schools just never will.  Whereas, a county school in a mostly rural environment gets basically all the attention this time of year on Friday night.  The kids grow up wanting to suit up and compete and have little distraction to do otherwise.

Look at the Clarksville schools.  It is the third most populated city in Tennessee.  Clearly less financially gifted than the Franklin area, but probably can match up better athlete for athlete. They are spread over a half dozen schools and we pretty much have our way with them all year after year.

All that to say I think we'll be fine.

Williamson is going to be getting a new high school I believe next year. Nolansville will download Ravenwood. I do not know what class that will make them. I personally would rather live in Sumner than Williamson because of two huge reasons. Traffic and taxes. Both advantage goes to Sumner. Williamson is definitely growing faster than Sumner and probably a better comparison would be Williamson and Rutherford. They have a good school system in Williamson no doubt and can pay more. Sumner prefers smaller schools for safety reasons. Talent comes and goes. Hatfield and Crabtree both are the winningest coaches in their schools history so I do not see them trading for anybody. They are the schools to beat right now. Station Camp and Gallatin seem to be more interested in getting that one kid than concentrating on keeping up with the other 2 schools. I hope for the best. This is just my opinion.

Agree with all of the above.

I've got a great deal of respect for the Sumner County schools, but HHS/Beech/Gallatin/Station Camp is not Independence/Centennial/Brentwood/Ravenwood/Franklin. I know the last 2 in that group are 6A, but still.. Williamson County is the "place" to be. When families relocate to the mid-state area, they're looking for a house in Wilco. The demographics mean that the money will always be there for programs, which means coaching will never be an issue, nor will equipment/weight training. I didn't even mention Summit (another 5A) and Page (a good 4A team). 

I'm not saying that I think we have no chance.. Just that I think you're underestimating how much talent is floating around that county.  

I don't disagree. The Wilco schools are a bit bigger than the Sumner schools. Having a larger student body to draw from is an advantage, but it is worth pointing out that we have heard things like this before. 

And I agree there is good talent in Wilco, but do you honestly believe it is something we couldn't compete with in an up year? If you do, then you are wrong, to put it bluntly. 

I absolutely think we can, and welcome the competition. For all we know we may have the next Henry County legend getting ready to show what he's got at Grove next year. There are going to be areas that we're stronger in most years, and some that we're weaker in. It all goes back to the culture, though. It's never won a team a football game, but it makes a difference. There is no excuse for Henry County to not be in the playoffs every year. Thank Joe Gaddis for that, and thank the Counce duo for taking what he built and absolutely running with it. 

My point is moreso that it's hard for me to see Wiilliamson County as a whole regressing much, and it's very easy to envision state titles flooding the county soon. I've been wrong plenty, and for all I know there might not be a Wilco team win 12 games next year. I wouldn't bet against it, though.

We'll be fine. I just think our margin for error is about as thin as its been in a long time, at least when it comes to the big time games. 

Edited by RedSwarm

I'd be interested to see Wilco's economical and population growth over that time compared to Sumner's. I think there's a correlation between that and what I'm saying. I understand talent is cyclical, but the growth in Wilco is faster than any other county in the state.

Gallatin is one of the most storied programs in the midstate, but you guys are struggling as of late (I hope this ends soon). Hendersonville is a great team year in and year out, but how many gold balls? Beech has won titles and is a great program. Station Camp... not so much.

Look at what Ravenwood, Centennial, and Indy have done since 2010. I know there's not a ton of gold balls in the county, but they're just reloading. Once a system is in place, once a culture is in place, once kids that put the jersey on know what that jersey means... It takes a lot to mess that up.

Unless your Maryville most programs will have up and down years

What sets a team apart is consistency

( to me that's making playoffs year in and year out) and then you hope that in that span you have a special group that makes it to the semis or finals

Centennial beat the team that we're playing this weekend...

Are they really good? Does anyone have any analysis from the Ravenwood vs. Centennial Game?

Since there isn't much traction on our board I want to know from a team that bat them how beatable Ravenwood is. Thanks in advance from the 38116

Surprised at outcome , 2 weeks earlier Indy rolled CHS 49-6

RHS had some issues the 1st 4 games of the year of defense where they game up 21 pts per game

The schedule was very weak this year as Franklin and Brentwood are rebuilding

MJ took them to OT and other 3 wins were 2X Overton and Mcgavock ( metro teams )

Hester is one of the best coaches around so he will have team ready

Rowland and Rappe are the two kids that will cause trouble

Centennial beat the team that we're playing this weekend... 

Are they really good? Does anyone have any analysis from the Ravenwood vs. Centennial Game?

Since there isn't much traction on our board I want to know from a team that bat them how beatable Ravenwood is. Thanks in advance from the 38116

Centennial pressured the QB into six interceptions that night.  He made some terrible decisions, throwing the ball up for grabs when he should have taken the sack.  I'm sure that has been corrected but he got rattled in that game.  Don't get in a kicking contest with them because they have one of the best in the state.