Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

Its GameDay baby! Friday the 20th of November, quarterfinals of the Tennessee State Playoffs! Going to be a cool and crisp night perfect for some action between the Patriots and Cougars on the gridiron in Franklin. If the Big Red Defense steps up and takes care of business like I know they can, all will work out. Our offense needs to come ready to play and to make things happen. Going to be a great night! Been waiting on this rematch, without further adieu...

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Should be an excellent match-up tonight in Williamson Co.  Both teams have tremendous talent and coaching.  This is the 3rd round of the playoffs, everyone will be hyped.  This game comes down to turnovers and avoiding big plays on both sides of the ball for each team.  The Patriots were not in sync first go 'round.  Not saying that to take away from CHS, they executed flawlessly with the exception of the early missed snap.  HC was unable to capitalize on that opportunity for 7 and again on the 4th down play which were big swings in momentum.

Personally, I like the role of underdog.  Sometimes, you need to be backed into a corner to find out what you are made of.  Henry Co. will have to create and take advantage of opportunities tonight.  Fundamentals football, wrap up/protect the ball/pressure the QB.  Both teams are banged up which could also be a factor either way. 

Control the controlables, and when you arrive...arrive violently!  GO BIG RED!

Should be an excellent match-up tonight in Williamson Co.  Both teams have tremendous talent and coaching.  This is the 3rd round of the playoffs, everyone will be hyped.  This game comes down to turnovers and avoiding big plays on both sides of the ball for each team.  The Patriots were not in sync first go 'round.  Not saying that to take away from CHS, they executed flawlessly with the exception of the early missed snap.  HC was unable to capitalize on that opportunity for 7 and again on the 4th down play which were big swings in momentum.

Personally, I like the role of underdog.  Sometimes, you need to be backed into a corner to find out what you are made of.  Henry Co. will have to create and take advantage of opportunities tonight.  Fundamentals football, wrap up/protect the ball/pressure the QB.  Both teams are banged up which could also be a factor either way. 

Control the controlables, and when you arrive...arrive violently!  GO BIG RED!

Good post.

Defense needs to limit splash plays and make Centennial fight their way down the field. I'd love to see some advanced statistic that measured TD's scored off 20+ yard plays compared to TD's scored by driving at least 9 or 10 plays against HC.  Seems like we've been burned by 1 missed tackle or 1 busted assignment for a long gain many more times than teams have been able to impose their will. 

Offense has to execute and the line needs to be mean. They know what kind of defense they're facing.  Can't put the defense in a hole, and they need to be able to sustain drives because I wouldn't be surprised if we see a steady dose of Dodson tonight. There's a ton of great players on that Centennial squad and have limited his carries, but we all know who the workhorse is. He put the team on his back against Southwind, especially on the game winning drive.  

If this game isn't decided by 3-6 points, either one team didn't bring it tonight, or one team has gotten a whole lot better over the course of a couple of weeks. 

I'm hoping for a reason to cross the river again next weekend. HC 20 Centennial 17

Edited by RedSwarm

I have a feeling that this will be the end of the road for HC. Not only for this season, but for many to come. I suspect there are some good, yet short playoff seasons in the near future. The pendulum will swing back.

It'd be nice to be wrong, but I just don't see HC having as much talent in the next several seasons.

I have a feeling that this will be the end of the road for HC. Not only for this season, but for many to come. I suspect there are some good, yet short playoff seasons in the near future. The pendulum will swing back.

It'd be nice to be wrong, but I just don't see HC having as much talent in the next several seasons.

Edited by FactsOnly