Whitestation at Ravenwood

Haven04

I remember seeing John Varlas and some others were tweeting about it during and after the game. When we played them did we man Donte up on him or what? I forgot exactly what we did to slow him down.

I think Vaughn shadowed him. Honestly, I don't think we did anything more than that. The Lineman made it very difficult for him to get the ball down the field and Saulsberry and Harmon had them reading their keys that he wasn't that effective in the running game. His Jr. year he played QB mostly against us and did well. I'm starting to think their coach is keeping that aspect of their offense under wraps until now. But I'm speculating.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The times he matched up with DV he got locked down... they didn go to him as much as they normally do. His 2 td were 2-3yds each...no we didn't double him up. Because of they spread O we had to play them like any spread team..our D is just faster than most teams so he couldn't just go crazy like normal be you most definitely have to respect him because he is very capable of breaking down defenses

I understand you can't look at funny math to predict a high school football game, but the team that **should have** beaten white station last week, lost to ravenwood 49-13. Ravenwood was playing their 2nd string qb the majority of that game due to injury. 

Just some background on a common opponent between these two great HS programs...

Anything can happen, but if both teams play their absolute best, the semi's should be a rematch of last year.

I understand you can't look at funny math to predict a high school football game, but the team that **should have** beaten white station last week, lost to ravenwood 49-13. Ravenwood was playing their 2nd string qb the majority of that game due to injury.

Just some background on a common opponent between these two great HS programs...

Anything can happen, but if both teams play their absolute best, the semi's should be a rematch of last year.

It's really all on Ravenwoods defense. They gotta make someone else beat them. I do think RW can score on WS. If it's a shoot out I think WS wins. If it's a defensive low scoring game RW.

Ravenwood's offense is not as pretty as last year, but they still put up good numbers. Defense is better than last year. Do not give up as many big plays, play very disciplined, and fly to the ball. 

The only way I see Ravenwood losing this (after watching the WS-Macgavock film) is if they have costly turnovers and WS hits some big plays early. That is how Centennial got Ravenwood this year (RW got down a couple scores early and ended up throwing six interceptions)

Although I thought Mcgavock's offense was very bad all year, and they managed to light up the scoreboard on WS....

You're kidding right? Who told you that? :roflolk:

DM's theme music should be the Ric Ross song "These Folks Won't hold Me Back" LMAO

One of the TDs called back in the Christian Brothers game was a mouth piece infraction against DM. The way I was told the story the ref had been geting on DM during the game about his habit of spitting his mouth piece out. It's just a quirky thing that he does from time to time appearently. He did it one too many times and the ref took issue and threw the flag at the beginning of that particular play. Who knew that that particular flag would negate a TD.

True story.

Edited by kwc

I haven't seen the film, but I was told that DM got a hand on that FG attempt to thwart it. Was I told correctly?

Ravenwood's offense is not as pretty as last year, but they still put up good numbers. Defense is better than last year. Do not give up as many big plays, play very disciplined, and fly to the ball. 

The only way I see Ravenwood losing this (after watching the WS-Macgavock film) is if they have costly turnovers and WS hits some big plays early. That is how Centennial got Ravenwood this year (RW got down a couple scores early and ended up throwing six interceptions)

Although I thought Mcgavock's offense was very bad all year, and they managed to light up the scoreboard on WS....

If you haven't seen any film on Ravenwood here are two full games to watch.

Brentwood vs Ravenwood Football Game - August 28th, 2015

McGavock vs Ravenwood Football - October 2nd, 2015

Ravenwood's defense is very aggressive, fast, and disciplined. 

They also have playmakers on 'O'. Little Chris Rowland, #23, being their biggest threat with all of his speed. He's a RB and a WR, just depends upon the set they run. He will touch the ball quite a few times in each capacity. He's not their only weapon though. Conner Jeffries, #44, is their bread-and-butter RB who makes the running game go. They will dive him into the teeth of the 'D' on a regular basis. He's got some speed as well. Hard runner. Nathan Freeman, #5, is a WR that they like to stretch the field with. He has good hands and nice speed as well. Tough and fast. Their QB, Andrew Rappe, #16, runs the read-option very well. He makes good decisions and he has pretty good speed as well. Then, there is TE big  Austin Geralds, # 13, at 6'-7", 245 lbs.  Those are the major players. The TE does more blocking then anything, but they will throw to him from time to time. 

RW will score. How will their 'D' slow down DM is the ? I think RW wins this game however. Just too may weapons for WS to stop.

Edited by kwc

Going for the Wood in this game and props to coach Hester

Question for me is this RHS that special ?

Yes I know the record speaks for itself as outstanding but whom on the schedule jumps out at you ?

No McGavock ,Overton didn't

Franklin put together a good season but this was a down year for them

Brentwood - Crawford worked miracles with what he had

They snuck by a weak Seigal , and MJ team

We're smacked by the only tough team they played

As I said the team is sound - D plays fantastic, coached greatly

Going for the Wood in this game and props to coach Hester

Question for me is this RHS that special ?

Yes I know the record speaks for itself as outstanding but whom on the schedule jumps out at you ?

No McGavock ,Overton didn't

Franklin put together a good season but this was a down year for them

Brentwood - Crawford worked miracles with what he had

They snuck by a weak Seigal , and MJ team

We're smacked by the only tough team they played

As I said the team is sound - D plays fantastic, coached greatly

Are they better than last year? Probably not, but like Oakland, Maryville, Whitehaven and Blackman, theyre proof that once you have a system in place, that you just reload, not rebuild