Columbia Academy @ Greenback

orngnblk

The discount is minimal and will have to end in order to comply. That's the only item we have that would need to change in order to comply. It's my understanding that 75% of the private schools can't or won't conform to the new guidelines and will play D2.

Unfortunately the new rule changes will do more harm to families that are sending their children to a private for safety concerns or religious reasons, than those that send their children to play sports. If a child has attended the same school since elementary school there should be no rule against discounts or assistance continuing though I understand doing that would open up a path for abuse of the rule. The only way to remove the argument and whining is to place all privates into D2 and enforce school zoning on the public schools. We were blessed to have safe schools to send our children but I can't imagine sending my children to some of the schools in the state of Tennessee. Happy Thanksgiving   

Unfortunately the new rule changes will do more harm to families that are sending their children to a private for safety concerns or religious reasons, than those that send their children to play sports. If a child has attended the same school since elementary school there should be no rule against discounts or assistance continuing though I understand doing that would open up a path for abuse of the rule. The only way to remove the argument and whining is to place all privates into D2 and enforce school zoning on the public schools. We were blessed to have safe schools to send our children but I can't imagine sending my children to some of the schools in the state of Tennessee. Happy Thanksgiving

I don't think most private schools will change their tuition policies to accomodate tssaa. I think they will just move to d2. The whole reason for the is to separate them. Most schools wouldn't change their rules because then that would effect students already attending.

Edited by Peabody01

Old Pirate says zoning in Chattanooga is why all the privates evolved! Small counties like Marion have open zoning with Jasper the largest, then WHITWELL & South Pittsburg not to mention SP has Richard Hardy that is K-12 also but is not a county school. All said 4 HS within 14 mile? radius. Privates have an advantage by cherry picking with scholarships & incentives. The small privates will be shackled with hardships competing against larger more financial schools. Example: better facilities will be very enticing! Edited by OLD PIRATE

I have only saw each of these teams play once in person. Columbia Academy will score 35 or more points in this game so Greenback will need to score more than 35 to win this game. Saying that, I believe Greenback should put up some points as well. The C.A. Offense is way ahead of the defense.

Greenbacks defense is pretty tough, people don't realize how good their D really is, but their going to have to rally around the loss of the Silvey kid. He didn't get ok'd to play did he?