Rhea Co at Sevier Co

EaglePride1

I got admin friends at Catholic who sing Coach P's praises so I'm not sure what you're talking about. We're just happy to have a head coach that doesn't sling our kids around because win or lose, that's never okay (that's for you, PA).

And showing his true colors? His true colors are green and gold.

Our kids didn't "buy in" for anything. They earned their way in and I hope they enjoy every minute left in the season. They have worked hard and they deserve to be where they are.

The kids have "bought" in to what he and his staff are doing or you wouldn't have had the success that you have had. I'm sure the folks at Catlick do sing his praises.

how good is rhea county's defense? can they match up with the bears high octane passing attack and atheletes?

It is better than they look. They look small and don't pass the eye test at first. Then they start playing. They swarm the ball, they rarely miss tackles and they have advance schemes for high school teams. It seems they are playing with 12 players. Their players are all day tough and bought into the system. I have mad respect for them. Plus they don't quit. It is hard to beat a team that doesn't quit. So if you jump up on them don't count your chicks until the fat lady sings. Ask Baylor. I'm sure SC will score with SEC athletes but be ready. Rhea will bring it.

The kids have "bought" in to what he and his staff are doing or you wouldn't have had the success that you have had. I'm sure the folks at Catlick do sing his praises.

Don't all successful teams have to buy in to the direction given by their coaches?  Coaches are there to provide that direction to the team and help the team to be successful as a team.

Glad Sevier County has all that talent, and they don't have to buy into their coaches... they just play at a high level on their own...

I would guess that if you ask The Smoky Bears team what they think about their coaches, they would sing their praises too, AND RIGHTFULLY SO.  Congrats to the Bears on a great season, and we look forward to the challenge Friday night.

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!!!

• Upvote 1

Regardless of how many D1 players SC has there is no doubt they will be solid on offense. Coach Lingenfelter is an excellent coach, I knew him back when he was Rhea's O coordinator and I was really excited for him when SC named him Head Coach back in June of last year. Looks like it was a good decision for SC and I am not a bit surprised he already has them in the semifinal game.

Edited by RCfan

I am absolutely dreading going to Sevierville Black Friday night!!! TOO MUCH TRAFFIC IN A CONSTRUCTION ZONE ... NO WHERE TO SIT ... NO WHERE TO PARK ... WHY NOT PLAY THIS GAME IN A NEUTRAL SITE??? Maryville College maybe? OH WELL, I GUESS I NEED TO PULL UP MY BOOTSTRAPS AND GET READY TO HEAD THAT WAY!!!

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!!!

Maybe at the University of Maryville @ 3:30. MC is too small. Take 68 to 411 and sneak through Murvil.

It is better than they look. They look small and don't pass the eye test at first. Then they start playing. They swarm the ball, they rarely miss tackles and they have advance schemes for high school teams. It seems they are playing with 12 players. Their players are all day tough and bought into the system. I have mad respect for them. Plus they don't quit. It is hard to beat a team that doesn't quit. So if you jump up on them don't count your chicks until the fat lady sings. Ask Baylor. I'm sure SC will score with SEC athletes but be ready. Rhea will bring it.

WHAT??? WHAT A JOKE HATER......THIS IS THE SAME HATEMENOT WHO SAID ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT "THIS WHOLE GOLD BALL THING IS RIDICULOUS." WRONG GUY TO LISTEN TO IF YOU HAVE "HIGH EXPECTATIONS" FOR YOUR TEAM.... AND ASK BAYLOR WHAT?? THEY WON.....

RHEA COUNTY HAS BEEN SOLID FOR MOST OF THE YEAR...ONLY 3 LOSSES BY THE HANDS OF BAYLOR, CATHEDRAL U, AND A SHUTOUT BY DEM OWLS 16-0 :mrgreen:

OFFENSIVELY, THEY ARE SOUND, GOOD CLOCK MANAGEMENT AND CAN SCORE FAST..

DEFENSIVELY, AVERAGE..WILL BEAT YOU BY OUT SCORING YOU, NOT STOPPING YOU FROM SCORING..IF YOU HAVE A STUD QB WHO CAN THROW THE LONG BALL AND GOOD WIDEOUTS WHO CAN CATCH...YOU WILL BE A MISMATCH FOR THEIR SECONDARY IF YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THOSE MATCHUPS..

RUNNING UP THE GUT IS ONE OF THEIR BIGGEST THREATS..BUT IF YOU HAVE FAST DBS THAT DON'T GIVE UP ON THE PLAY THE RUNNER CAN BE CAUGHT...BIG AND PHYSICAL..BUT NOT THAT FAST....SPECIAL TEAMS GUY WILL BURN YOU IF HE IS NOT TOO BANGED UP. SO MUCH MOVEMENT AND MISDIRECTION GOIN ON AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE WILL CAUSE RHEA TO FUMBLE THE BALL...CREATE A TURNOVER AND CAPITALIZE ON IT...IF TOO MANY 3RD AND LONG OCCURS...LOOK FOR PEMBERTON TO PULL OUT THE BOOK OF TRICKS :mrgreen: UH OOO....LMAO!!

IF THEY ARE HEALTHY.. THEY MAY GIVE YOU A "RUN" FOR YOUR MONEY...

DOLLYWOOD IS SEVIERLY STRONG ON OFFENSE..I HAVE WATCHED A FEW GAMES ON LINE...THEY PLAY TILL THE CLOCK RUNS OUT...THEY HAVE GOT SEVERAL PLAYMAKERS ON OFFENSE THAT THEY CAN GO TO WHETHER IT BE A PASS OR RUN..AND A MOBILE QB..AFTER SCORING A TOTAL OF 484 PTS. TO RHEA'S 465 PTS. ON THEIR OPPONENTS.. I DON'T SEE THAT CHANGING ANYTIME SOON..NO ONE HAS HELD THEM UNDER 26PTS THIS SEASON...THE OWLS HELD RHEA TO THEIR LOWEST POINT TOTAL THIS SEASON (14) AND HELD THEM SCORLESS IN THE SECOND HALF OF BOTH GAMES..

DEFENSIVELY...AVERAGE...THEY HAVE GIVEN UP A TOTAL OF 241 PTS. TO RHEAS 225

IT WILL COME DOWN TO TURNOVERS..RHEA WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME IF THEY CAN'T DEFEND THE PASS AND  HAVE NOT GOT RID OF THE  BUTTAFINGERZ....

DOLLYWOOD WILL NOT WIN IF THEY CAN NOT DEFEND THE CHICKEN WINGT...AND CAPITALIZE ON THE TURNOVERS...GET YOUR  :popcorneater: READY..THIS WILL BE A SHOOTOUT!! #LOP