Marion Co @ Hampton (Ross Man vs That Lunsford Man)

Roy Dillard

Good luck to Hampton and Marion, two great programs and classy Coach T posters! Wow, over 1200 posts on this game. I think we may have 175 on ours! Lol. You guys are an hour ahead so we will know whose leading before we ever play. The boys are certainly not looking ahead as we have a Giant to slay but it's fun as a parent to look ahead a little and think about what could be. Our game is going to be different than originally thought with Mr Football( I know he's going to win it) out but we are going to see what we are really made of now. I look for your game to be close and there is no way I could predict with my lack of knowledge of your teams but I do know they are two outstanding teams. We're not even supposed to be here so we are just having fun!! I know a lot of times we close posts with wishing and praying for an injury free game but I can tell you that takes a whole new meaning for us and I TRULY wish and pray for no injuries in your game!

Us neither! And we are too LOL

Thanks, hate to hear about that stud!

As long as you got your belly full at the Sizzler today you can cheer for whoever you want.

I garuntee you me and that man at Ronnies red eye didnt eat at that Spencer mans restaurant. I never paid for my food and aint been back. As a matter of fact we are sitting at ruby Tuesday in Athens right now eating and looking at my Murphy Fair book. You think im joking but im not.

5 hours 5 minutes now! These boys are ready!!!!!!

Tell em to get a nap at about 5 and be sure to eat more turkey right before warm ups. I was looking forward to meeting up as well. Saw a video on the qb, dont remember whether he was yours or pujos. That kid is a leader and will go very very far in life. Awesome young man. If anything, i am also a hampton fan going forward whether we win or lose tonight. Classy bunch of people and not hard to pull for like some fan bases (sp)

JASPER, Tenn. — All of the Marion County football players were wearing some combination of workout shorts and a T-shirt or tank top as they watched video of Hampton's team after a weightlifting session Monday morning.

Some guys are bigger and some are smaller, but all were dressed similarly for the work.

Individuality abounds after they shower and dress for the rest of the day — for their classes, lunch and conversations in the hall. This day, Alex Kirkendoll stood out from his teammates.

"I prefer to dress nice," said Kirkendoll, who had donned American Eagle jeans and a red, long-sleeve American Eagle sweater and cowboy boots — the only sign he might be from Marion County — and had every hair in the perfect position.

"It just goes with everything he does," Warriors coach Ricky Ross chimed in. "Schoolwork, appearance, football — it all goes hand in hand."

Kirkendoll, a starting outside linebacker, will lead the Warriors defense against one of the highest scoring teams in Tennessee tonight in a Class 2A semifinal at Hampton. The Bulldogs (13-0) average 50.8 points per game.

But Kirkendoll won't be wearing his brand-name jeans or boots against Hampton. He'll be wearing his Warriors uniform — a stark contrast from his polished look in the classroom.

"I am a different kind of person when it comes to football," said Kirkendoll, a Mr. Football Class 2A semifinalist for lineman of the year. "I get aggressive all of a sudden and more determined.

"How my hair looks is the last thing on my mind."

A state championship ring is not atop the list, but it's close. He twirls his class ring around his finger when he gets nervous. He wears it on his wedding finger because it won't fit on his right hand.

"Wish I could get a state ring this year," he said. "We got really close to getting a ring last year. Because we didn't get it, that gives us more temptation to get one this year."

The Bulldogs are the next team that stands in the way of Kirkendoll getting a ring that fits on the proper finger. The Warriors have dispatched Westmoreland, Forrest and Tyner during the 2015 playoffs.

But they haven't faced a team that has scored at least 41 points in every contest this year and features a dual-threat quarterback in Coby Jones who has rushed for more than 1,100 yards and passed for nearly 2,000 while accounting for 35 touchdowns.

"Their offense is high-powered and I'd like to think that we play good defense," Ross said. "So I think it's a good matchup."

His Warriors have limited all opponents to an average of 12.3 points per game — and just 8.5 over the last seven games. Players at every level of the defense — such as defensive end Ismael Avilia, Kirkendoll and safety Kane Hale — have their responsibilities and keys to slowing the Bulldogs.

"I need to do my job and be physical," said Avilia, who recovered a fumble against Tyner last week.

Said Hale: "I have to stop the run and be ready on the pass plays."

Getting the chance to play for a championship ring would make all of the Warriors look as sharp as Kirkendoll.

Guest Fall101

Pujo and Uknoit and the rest of dawg nation good luck tonight! Go punch that ticket to cookeville! Been pulling for you fellers all year! Pujo I told you at CG that you fellers would make a run! I would have told Uknoit that as well but he was too busy acting like he was doin something and writin stuff in his little notebook :) Good luck dawgs!

Tell em to get a nap at about 5 and be sure to eat more turkey right before warm ups. I was looking forward to meeting up as well. Saw a video on the qb, dont remember whether he was yours or pujos. That kid is a leader and will go very very far in life. Awesome young man. If anything, i am also a hampton fan going forward whether we win or lose tonight. Classy bunch of people and not hard to pull for like some fan bases (sp)

Get to feeling better Truth. Prayers for your back brother. That's no fun.

5 hours 5 minutes now! These boys are ready!!!!!!

I hope so!!! I know what they're capable of and you know more than I do what these boys are capable of, got to be proud of these boys regardless of the outcome tonite, they always be CHAMPIONS in my book! That boy of yours has done nothing but surprised me of how great of player he as become but also a leader and will be a great role model to all the underclassmen! Tell him I said good luck and keep doing what he does best, making BULLDOG COUNTRY PROUD!!! THE WHOLE TEAM MAKES ALL OF US PROUD!!!

Feeling is mutual

QB is mine, thank you