Who hates having the Super 32?

riverrat

Didn't suck for us, we loved it!

I'm still trying to figure out who it sucked for? Maybe Bradley Central with their long travel times? But their poster on this thread said they like the competition...

Didn't suck for Warren County, they went 1-9 and got to go play Maryville in a 1st round playoff game. And I think a big majority of WC folks were glad to have that opportunity.

Don't see how it sucked for any of the Rutherford, Williamson, or Wilson county teams.

Plus, maybe it has benefited the realignment of the other 5 classes?...

Anyway FBfan, good luck in Cookeville next weekend. Beat Catholic & bring that gold ball back to Middle Tennessee!

Thanks bro we will try our best

I also thought that Cookeville should be playing Wilson Co schools or Rutherford. It's a natural fit.

GWAVE1 I forgot to tell you I found a newspaper picture of my dad making an interception against Gallatin in a game in 1957! My Grandparents kept all that old stuff thankfully. Had the old horned rimmed glasses on under his helmet & all.

That just goes to show the history of Cookeville playing the teams towards Nashville.

Have big rivalries with Gallatin, Lebanon, Murfreesboro Central etc... Going way back.

Just another reason we need to play to the west. Not the east or southeast.

Edited by THE SQUAD

I dislike strongly the Super 32.. I think you could see an influx of 5A teams wanting to move up to 6A, especially in middle tn..

My biggest complaint is districts not having an equal amount of teams.. All districts should have at least 6... 5 classes divided evenly by enrollment would be the best plan, but that will never happen again..

Best idea I have heard would be to take the Top 48 enrollment and have 6 districts of 8 or 8 districts of 6, whichever fits better geographically, and take top 4 in each district, then divide the rest of the teams into 5 classes

I dislike strongly the Super 32.. I think you could see an influx of 5A teams wanting to move up to 6A, especially in middle tn..

My biggest complaint is districts not having an equal amount of teams.. All districts should have at least 6... 5 classes divided evenly by enrollment would be the best plan, but that will never happen again..

Best idea I have heard would be to take the Top 48 enrollment and have 6 districts of 8 or 8 districts of 6, whichever fits better geographically, and take top 4 in each district, then divide the rest of the teams into 5 classes

#1 No one can move up from 5A to 6A unless someone is willing to move down.

Maryville wanted to move up & LaVergne (who was the smallest 6A school) was willing to move down.

I don't see a bunch of midstate 5A schools wanting to move up. Why would they? But hey, if Indy, Hendersonville or some others want to do it then I'm sure you could get Warren County, Coffee County etc to move down. Come on!

#2 The 48 team thing has been thrown around already and I'm ok with that. But are you gonna bring LaVergne back in on that and make it strictly the top 48 in enrollment?

Edited by THE SQUAD

#1 No one can move up from 5A to 6A unless someone is willing to move down.

Maryville wanted to move up & LaVergne (who was the smallest 6A school) was willing to move down.

I don't see a bunch of midstate 5A schools wanting to move up. Why would they? But hey, if Indy, Hendersonville or some others want to do it then I'm sure you could get Warren County, Coffee County etc to move down. Come on!

#2 The 48 team thing has been thrown around already and I'm ok with that. But are you gonna bring LaVergne back in on that and make it strictly the top 48 in enrollment?

Yes... There shouldn't be an option to move down.. To me that goes against even having a Top 32... Warren Co/Coffee Co wouldn't want to move down because I doubt they would sniff the playoffs in 5A either.. Could you imagine the 5A state title game this year? Indy vs Maryville.. That's why I say take the Top 48 since Maryville wants to be in 6A, with their enrollment they would be in 6 of you take 16 more teams

Yes... There shouldn't be an option to move down.. To me that goes against even having a Top 32... Warren Co/Coffee Co wouldn't want to move down because I doubt they would sniff the playoffs in 5A either.. Could you imagine the 5A state title game this year? Indy vs Maryville.. That's why I say take the Top 48 since Maryville wants to be in 6A, with their enrollment they would be in 6 of you take 16 more teams

Would Maryville be in the top 48? I haven't checked the figures.

a joke

If I was 6a coach that is a perineal power like MHS, Rutherford Co schools ( knowing you are in playoffs )

I'm scheduling BA, MBA , Ensworth , and all other top teams.

Why to see how my team stacks up and to play the best competition -

Don't tell me it's to rough to travel or costs money argument has no warrant

Heck I will start a go fund me page

If you're going to take the top 48, you might as well just go back to having 6 equally divided classifications like we did from 2009-2014. The difference is minuscule at that point.