Father Ryan ducks Christian Brothers duel!

cowboypete

Glad to see that you were one that voted to cancel.  I know now where you stand.  After the beat down this past weekend, I bet you also wanted to cancel this past weekend.  

A couple of notes as you continue to lie and lie and lie.  Father Ryan was taking down their starters and a few backups.  Also, NCW was taking down their entire team to Memphis in November.  With these 2 combined, you would have had close to 50.  As for the wave coming to Nashville, it did not happen the last year.  Their studs made the trip and the others stayed behind.  They did not bring their entire team.  The NCW coaches talked to Garrett about it and he said they do not travel.  That is a fact and you need to stop this lying.  It does not look good on you.

I guess now you will vote to move Father Ryan back to the Middle/East Region.  I for one would agree with you on that one.  You are upset over the last 2 years of traveling to Nashville, give this some thought.  Father Ryan traveled to Memphis last year for the West Region Individual only to beat the crap out of everybody.  It was a joke.  Father Ryan travels to Memphis again this year for the West Region Duals.  Wrestles 28 matches and loses 4.  MUS forfeits many weights to Father Ryan.  Wrestles CBHS and loses 4 of 14.  Another wasted trip.  Father Ryan will be traveling back to Memphis in 2 weeks for another beat down on this region.  Another huge and wasted expense for the school.  This is all precipitated by CBHS as they fought for Regions for DII even though there are fewer than 20 schools.  What a joke.

Talk about ridiculous, this is the ultimate.

The only thing worth going to Memphis for is the ribs.  Plain and simple.

So fortunate that this does not occur in Chatt town, although I know that Baylor and McCallie both agree that the Region Individuals is a waste.  There are fewer than 20 teams, send all wrestlers to the state.

Just out of curiosity, what was the size of the crowd?  I am sure with this being a good CBHS team that it was packed.  Baylor/McCallie crowd was unbelievable.  Students were rocking the entire match.  Loved the singlets they were wearing.

No horse in this race, friends in both camps, just wanted to say great post !

No horse in this race, friends in both camps, just wanted to say great post !

Glad to see that you were one that voted to cancel.  I know now where you stand.  After the beat down this past weekend, I bet you also wanted to cancel this past weekend.  

A couple of notes as you continue to lie and lie and lie.  Father Ryan was taking down their starters and a few backups.  Also, NCW was taking down their entire team to Memphis in November.  With these 2 combined, you would have had close to 50.  As for the wave coming to Nashville, it did not happen the last year.  Their studs made the trip and the others stayed behind.  They did not bring their entire team.  The NCW coaches talked to Garrett about it and he said they do not travel.  That is a fact and you need to stop this lying.  It does not look good on you.

I guess now you will vote to move Father Ryan back to the Middle/East Region.  I for one would agree with you on that one.  You are upset over the last 2 years of traveling to Nashville, give this some thought.  Father Ryan traveled to Memphis last year for the West Region Individual only to beat the crap out of everybody.  It was a joke.  Father Ryan travels to Memphis again this year for the West Region Duals.  Wrestles 28 matches and loses 4.  MUS forfeits many weights to Father Ryan.  Wrestles CBHS and loses 4 of 14.  Another wasted trip.  Father Ryan will be traveling back to Memphis in 2 weeks for another beat down on this region.  Another huge and wasted expense for the school.  This is all precipitated by CBHS as they fought for Regions for DII even though there are fewer than 20 schools.  What a joke.

Talk about ridiculous, this is the ultimate.

The only thing worth going to Memphis for is the ribs.  Plain and simple.

So fortunate that this does not occur in Chatt town, although I know that Baylor and McCallie both agree that the Region Individuals is a waste.  There are fewer than 20 teams, send all wrestlers to the state.

Just out of curiosity, what was the size of the crowd?  I am sure with this being a good CBHS team that it was packed.  Baylor/McCallie crowd was unbelievable.  Students were rocking the entire match.  Loved the singlets they were wearing.

I did not have a vote, but agree with the decision.  This was supposed to be an event between the programs and schools.  Father Ryan de-escalated the event with no communication.  Go back a few years and CBHS was "beating the crap" out of FR and the rest of the state.  That kind of fun is worth traveling a couple hundred miles for  :)  

The only thing we can agree on is that the ribs are great down here!      

I did not have a vote, but agree with the decision.  This was supposed to be an event between the programs and schools.  Father Ryan de-escalated the event with no communication.  Go back a few years and CBHS was "beating the crap" out of FR and the rest of the state.  That kind of fun is worth traveling a couple hundred miles for   :)

Edited by facenthecrowd

I did not have a vote, but agree with the decision.  This was supposed to be an event between the programs and schools.  Father Ryan de-escalated the event with no communication.  Go back a few years and CBHS was "beating the crap" out of FR and the rest of the state.  That kind of fun is worth traveling a couple hundred miles for   :)

How many times has CBHS beat the crap out of FR and visa versa.  I will bet you a plate of ribs that CBHS will come up short on this list.  If you want to stand on the couple of times CBHS has beaten FR over the all of these years, be my guest and enjoy it.  Similar to when Vanderbilt beats UT in football.  Not very often.  

P.S.  The ribs at Sugar's are excellent.

Edited by facenthecrowd

Although having a little bias in this topic since im from the west, i would like to interpret what you mean go back a few years. You must be talking about the CBHS team from 2011-2012 where they climbed into the top 30 in the country when they put the smack down on FRHS in the finals 41-22. I guess you left the ag center and didnt come back for individuals when FRHS won by 39.5 points over CBHS. Also what did you mean by beating the crap out everybody they defeated Baylor in the semis by one point. Fast forward to the individual tournament and they tied for second. The only year CBHS has won both dual and individual titles was 2013 when they did win both state titles. Outside of 2013 when has CBHS "beat the crap out of" anybody?

But the ribs should be the main topic of this thread rather than the wrestling.

Edited by westernwrestler

State wrestling championships in Tennessee have a history of running in cycles.  One team will win two or three (yes, The McCallie School did win 4 in a row back in the 90's) in a row and then another team will take over and win for a while.  I would recommend that no team get too comfortable in the top position because it's a long way to the bottom and a hard climb back to the top. 

Edited by cbg

Yes... Go get some baby back ribs for the best bang for your buck at Interstate BBQ, Biggest Taste overall Rendezvous,,, and must eat when near St Judes - Cozy Corner Bar-B-Q ranks as one of the kingpins of Memphis barbecue, with specialties that include smoked Cornish hen, rib tips, and bologna. Papa Bear Knows!!!

Edited by Sommers

I think cbg got it right, the titles tend to run in cycles, though there have been some really great teams (nationally ranked) and some programs that have been historically strong.  CBHS was in the D2 dual finals four years in a row 2010-2013.  Lot of respect for the Purple from Nashville (outstanding team this year), but also know there is more than one perspective to last November.  Had nothing to do with anyone running from anything.    

I did not have a vote, but agree with the decision. This was supposed to be an event between the programs and schools. Father Ryan de-escalated the event with no communication. Go back a few years and CBHS was "beating the crap" out of FR and the rest of the state. That kind of fun is worth traveling a couple hundred miles for :)

It WAS still an event between the programs and schools - Ryan was bringing varsity and as many JV as they could, and NCW was bringing far more wrestlers to Memphis than CBHS brought to Nashville; as another poster already noted, the MS program only brought their good kids last year.

So again, the only "de-escalation" that Ryan was going to do was bring fewer JV...but more middle school. For CBHS to cancel like they did - via text on Thanksgiving - was absolutely shameful. I'm sure if Lewis could have texted the TSSAA to cancel this past weeks Regionals he would have done so.