Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Has Marion Co. spray painted their own field house lately?... That was a classic!!!

Maryann co painted there own field house. Maryann Co got rid of the crap that was dragging them down and brought in quality coaches and mentors to replace the garbage. That don't matter anymore and is not relevant to this conversation. The coaches that did those things are gone. And it should be left in the past.

Edit: to remove something I said I'd never bring up again.

As you were.

Edited by orangeslice13

Ensworth is way way down this year, but you still may be right.....we will find out on saturday. 69 has watched all three teams, he has already gave his opinion.

Yea way down by their standards. No offense you might want to go look at their schedule. Marion County would be lucky to win a game playing their schedule.....

Edited by Swipes

It's clear that Trezevant is the favorite. I know these MC players have worked hard for this momment and no matter the odds that are stacked against them they will fight untill the end. I love this quote about being the underdog..

Here’s the thing that makes life so interesting. The theory of evolution claims that only the strong shall survive. Maybe so…maybe so…But the theory of competition says just because their the strong doesn’t mean they cant get their tail's kicked. Thats right. See what every long shot, come from behind underdog will tell you is this. The other guy may in fact be the favorite, the odds maybe stacked against you, fair enough. But what the odds don’t know is this isn’t a math test. This is a completely different kind of test. One where PASSION has a funny way of trumping logic. So before you step up to the line, before the whistle blows, and the clock starts ticking. Just remember out here the results don’t always add up. No matter what the stats may say, and the experts may think, and the commentators may have predicted, when the race is on all bets are off. Don’t be surprised if someone decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling uncle. And then suddenly as the old saying goes, WE GOT OURSELVES A BALL GAME!

Trezevant is undisciplined on defense.  They have superior size and athleticism but they often over pursue or read incorrectly.  I believe that MC will be able to move the ball against them. 

Trezevant has an exceptional rb who if he is not met at the point of attack will be difficult to stop.  He has exceptional speed and can get to the edge and he is powerful between the tackles. He is an upright and reactionary runner.  The key to controlling him is  to maintain leverage, make him make the first move and be in a good position react accordingly (and be willing to take a shot, cause he can lower the boom).  If defenders do not break down correctly and lunge at him allowing him to react, it is over. From what I have seen their passing game is screens.  Anything down the field is chuck and play the jump ball, which can work for them sometimes.  

Trezevant relies on mistakes and if they are made to make tough decisions they often make the wrong ones as they play very instinctual.

Edited by rikberry

These boys are used to earning everything they get. He had 200 by the half last Friday

I can guarantee you both sides have earned it. Only thing I am seeing here is Mr. Richardson had 200 by himself, MC had 200 by the half as well. Notice I said MC as they have several ball carriers 7-8 as a matter of fact. I am not taking anything away from this young man, he is awesome to say the least! But I dont believe one ball carrier will be the difference in this game. Ofcourse he will have some big plays as he should.. But I believe MC's #1 will have some big plays as well. He is an unbelivable athelete, and as any MC fan will tell you his true talent we havent even seen yet.... (His arm)!

Has Marion Co. spray painted their own field house lately?... That was a classic!!!

Remember this act was put forth by grown men.. For the most part acting like you are now by posting this garbage.. This thread should be about the kids, not what grown men did because their coach told them to. Truth is correct, the field house does look better than it has in the past few years and the facilities are top notch.