Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

I don't know a lot about Marion but I obviously have experienced the Locomotives from Trezevant. Last year I watched the Marion fans talk up their team and I don't blame them. They had a great year. I assumed from all the hype they would compete with Peabody and it wasn't even close. We played Peabody and we played Trezevant. It's not even close! Marion will have to be miles ahead of their team last year to compete. Malone was tough to stop and he ran circles around Marion. I watched it on TV. Malone was tough but Richardson is another beast. If and a big IF he doesn't break the long one, he will get 8 to 10 yards on every carry. It appears Marion has good depth so they should do much better than we did but I don't think it will be enough. Trez 45 Marion 21. By the way, they don't kick PAT's! Why would you when #5 can walk it in?!!

Marion has more discipline than Trezevant. Marion has a better defence than Trezevant. Marion special Teams are better. Trezevant has the advantage in the running game. Marion is tough against the run. I have seen both teams and I believe the people from Memphis are in for a wake up call. I don't go out of my way to give MC props but this is a solid team. Good luck MC just play your game and you will be fine.

From the CTFP

There is no change in the football schedule in Jasper this week.

Marion County's Warriors, as they have all year, will lift weights each morning. They'll go to school, then to football, each player knowing the day's routine as if he'd scripted the practice.

Their mantra remains the same: "Win the day."

"We're going to do what we do, and we enter each day wanting to get better at it," said Marion coach Ricky Ross, the architect responsible for the Warriors' 25-3 stretch over the past two seasons. "Our bottom line is to take care of every day — to focus on that day. If you're as good as you can be today, good things will happen.

"To be the best you can be could mean something beyond self — putting yourself aside, sacrificing for a teammate, even going somewhere you might not want to go before a teammate has to."

Marion County (13-1) will play Memphis Trezevant (11-3) at noon EST Saturday in Cookeville for Tennessee's Class 2A championship.

In Jasper, there is no mention of unfinished business or having left the field at Tennessee Tech a year ago as the state's second-best 2A team.

"I don't want to talk about this being the last time, the last play or the last time some of them will put on a helmet," Ross said. "I know them to know that they've worked harder than anybody else, that it's time to go out there and take what's rightfully theirs."

He has avoided talking about the last opportunity but has focused on the things that got the Warriors to this point.

"When we talked about the playoffs, we said there are five steps in the process and don't ever look ahead. We've done four steps, and now all we care about is step five," Ross said. "We want to concentrate on variables we can control: maximum effort, great pad level, being a great teammate, running to the football."

Yeah that's nice size for high school linebackers. I know MC has a good defense thats why I'm looking forward to see how Richardson does against them. I'm not afraid to admit that it is good football played on the east side of Tn and it usually starts with defense.

Im sure he will get yards. Im not foolish enough to think that we hold him under 100 or anything like that. The thing will be to not turn the ball over and not give up cheap sp points.

Marion has more discipline than Trezevant. Marion has a better defence than Trezevant. Marion special Teams are better. Trezevant has the advantage in the running game. Marion is tough against the run. I have seen both teams and I believe the people from Memphis are in for a wake up call. I don't go out of my way to give MC props but this is a solid team. Good luck MC just play your game and you will be fine.

So you have seen trezevant play this year? Curious, against who?

Has Marion Co. spray painted their own field house lately?... That was a classic!!!

Almost as classic as playing dirty after getting your eyes drilled out and getting ruled ineligible for the playoffs and district. Done that lately? At least it wasnt our kids that were involved.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

You guys shouldn't get all bent out of shape. I'm not from Trezevant nor do I know anything of Trezevant. In fact, I could care less who wins this game. I just remember the incident Marion County put themselves through and find it as a very funny story...

Always glad to hear when students have top notch facilities! Good luck this weekend!ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Edited by TLowns

Did a little digging, which means absolutely nothing. Trezevant has eleven wins. The teams that they beat had an overall record of 44-83. The bears really havent beaten anyone that was good. Other than trinity, who was without their best player, their best win was against a 5-7 ensworth team and a 6-4 mitchell team. The teams that marion beat were 84-72. Not so sure this is a cakewalk that the bear fans think. Maybe i am wrong though.