Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Wow, I'm really amazed at all of the juniors and seniors that have showed up, for the first time, on Trezevant's roster. I counted 2 seniors and 5 juniors and it looks like they get substantial playing time. Even more amazing is that they weigh in at 160, 210, 240, 240, 250, one unlisted, and 185. Top that off with they are between 5'9" and 6'5". Those few kids are bigger and taller than most 2A teams could get out of 4 classes. I can tell you this much, if MC had that much new meat show up in a years time, they would be under a microscope by everyone from the TSSAA to every local team in our area.

I guarantee there is no funny business if you knew the area of the school you would know that noone is transferring into Trezevant not even to play football. And I believe the TSSAA  has their eyeballs on Trezevant after those shenanigans they pulled against Greenville. That put Trezevant name on the shame list across the state.

Willie,

Unless MC has two or three NFL caliber linebackers and or Db's, they are in for a long night. There were a couple of times that I thought Richardson killed one of the Trinity secondary as he made it into the second level. Glad my son was not out there trying, and I do mean trying, to tackle him.

Willie,

Unless MC has two or three NFL caliber linebackers and or Db's, they are in for a long night. There were a couple of times that I thought Richardson killed one of the Trinity secondary as he made it into the second level. Glad my son was not out there trying, and I do mean trying, to tackle him.

We probably have one of the best linebacking corps in the state. Not saying that they will be able to stop richardson but they are decent sized. 6'2 210, 6 200, 5'9 180. I would say there will be 7 or 8 in the box.

OK so I guess I should find out the names of all the lbs on the teams that already have beaten trez this year and get autographs of all the future players. Hes a great back but we have a really good defense with a lb who was all state as a sophmore and a mr football semifinslist as a junior. The rest of the crew is pretty good too. I guess this defense just shouldnt even bother. It is kind of comforting to be the underdog in the eyes of most. I expect a great game and i expect the rb to get yards i just expect a really good MC team to pull out the win.

+++++, LL is always full of mess, safe bet his health problem ain't his back atall, he gots to have a spastic colon or a bowel obstruction causing them Lying Lips to spew so much mess. Diagnosis is a possible colostomy ! The youngons are the heroes, OP says give the players their earned praise.

Yall sp folks are too much. The players have earned praise and so have the coaches. No one has downed walt. I would bet if you asked his dad he might agree as well. Walt has meant the world to us and we will need his arm on saturday. Im just not sure that anyone else would have beaten us at the point we are at. Saturday may be different. If you disagree then that is fine also.

We probably have one of the best linebacking corps in the state. Not saying that they will be able to stop richardson but they are decent sized. 6'2 210, 6 200, 5'9 180. I would say there will be 7 or 8 in the box.

Yeah that's nice size for high school linebackers. I know MC has a good defense thats why I'm looking forward to see how Richardson does against them. I'm not afraid to admit that it is good football played on the east side of Tn and it usually starts with defense.

TCA Intense,

Who you got?

I don't know a lot about Marion but I obviously have experienced the Locomotives from Trezevant. Last year I watched the Marion fans talk up their team and I don't blame them. They had a great year. I assumed from all the hype they would compete with Peabody and it wasn't even close. We played Peabody and we played Trezevant. It's not even close! Marion will have to be miles ahead of their team last year to compete. Malone was tough to stop and he ran circles around Marion. I watched it on TV. Malone was tough but Richardson is another beast. If and a big IF he doesn't break the long one, he will get 8 to 10 yards on every carry. It appears Marion has good depth so they should do much better than we did but I don't think it will be enough. Trez 45 Marion 21. By the way, they don't kick PAT's! Why would you when #5 can walk it in?!!