Trezevant vs. Marion THE BATTLE FOR 2A SUPREMACY

Not a Trez fan ,just from the Memphis area and don't like the stigma. I think he's overreacting somewhat.

No, I'm not overreacting one bit. It's why BTWSherrif made his observation in the first place. It's a phenomenon that happens whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Teams that aren't from the inner-city don't have to face this stigma. Inner-city teams do. To some it applies ... but not to all ... but it's applied to all from the inner-city. Team's from the inner-city have come to accept it because it's not going anywhere anytime soon. You just learn to coach your young men in spite of it.

Edited by kwc

This isn't the HC's first rodeo in this regard. He's coached two different Trezevent teams to championship games in the past in 4A. His team didn't win either, but you learn some things from those experiences. This year's Trezevant team is back where they think they belong, and they also realize that, just because you got here ..

The MC team has the same realization because they were runners-up in 2A last year as well. So, both teams know what it takes to get here and both teams aren't new to this stage of the season. MC may be considered underdogs by most . it's anybodys game to win.

This is very true, I have respect for the Trez staff, they have accomplished some very good things.  This game will be a class of teams with very different 'personalities'.  MC has a business-like approach and has been very steady all year.  They play the same regardless of the foe.  From what I have seen Trez is a much more volitie and explosive team but they are not as consisient.  Most times they overcome their inconsisientcy and focus lapses with big plays.  We'll see how it goes Sat.  

It will be an interesting matchup and I am excited to see it. It smells like Brentwood in here. 

This is very true, I have respect for the Trez staff, they have accomplished some very good things.  This game will be a class of teams with very different 'personalities'.  MC has a business-like approach and has been very steady all year.  They play the same regardless of the foe.  From what I have seen Trez is a much more volitie and explosive team but they are not as consisient.  Most times they overcome their inconsisientcy and focus lapses with big plays.  We'll see how it goes Sat.  

It will be an interesting matchup and I am excited to see it. It smells like Brentwood in here. 

What kind of smell is that and how does Brentwood have anything to do with Cookville on Saturday?

Care to explain the above?

You make generalites and then get upset when other casual observers do the same.  And the fact is that most of the time (pun intended) generalities are true. Now their are exceptions and that is what the storybooks are about.  It remains to be seen whether Saturday's game goes according to Hoyle or it a storybook.  Both teams hope for their storybook but at most one but maybe neither will get it.

Its easy to see on film that marion is rarely out of position on defense. To me, that means they are pretty diciplined, doesnt mean that they will make the play but that they are in position. Likewise, trez is out of position a lot but they are able to get back in position quickly. Take it however you want, bring inner city, memphis, athletes or whatever. Not surprising at all.......

Your frustrating yourself trying to explain x's and o's to a ball watcher, which is what most fans are and they won't see the difference between close order drill and a three ring circus.  

You make generalites and then get upset when other casual observers do the same.  And the fact is that most of the time (pun intended) generalities are true. Now their are exceptions and that is what the storybooks are about.  It remains to be seen whether Saturday's game goes according to Hoyle or it a storybook.  Both teams hope for their storybook but at most one but maybe neither will get it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... I have no idea what's going on in your head when you read one of my posts ... but if you think i'm upset .... LOLOLOLOLOL ,,, :roflol:

It's message board banter that we give to pass the time away as we wait for the game on Saturday. Like, i'm the only one making generalalities on here.

LOLOLOLOL! ... :roflolk: