1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Sweetemotion To say this NCS team is basically the same team minus a great lineman is just rediculous. obviously you've not seen us the past two years or would have never made the comparison. Im pretty sure anyone from Wayne County that has played the past two years will verify this.

saw  up close and personal last year, as well as on film. you guys are very good, but as I said not on the same level as last years UC team.

Sweetemotion To say this NCS team is basically the same team minus a great lineman is just rediculous. obviously you've not seen us the past two years or would have never made the comparison. Im pretty sure anyone from Wayne County that has played the past two years will verify this.

There is no high school or college football team anywhere that is the same from year to year.

saw  up close and personal last year, as well as on film. you guys are very good, but as I said not on the same level as last years UC team.

Perhaps not. That was a great team, I'll give you that. To say we're not in the same league.....IDK. We cant go back and play them. Old TC and SP guys talk about teams from years ago, and Im sure they were great too.

Let us look at some facts that you can't deny. Greenback has won 12 games this season, but of those 12 wins, five of them had losing records. The wins over their big region rivals (Oneida, Coalfield and Harriman) were not impressive, other than the second half against Harriman in the playoffs. In the regular season game at Oneida, the Indians win that game if not for a couple of gift-wrapped touchdowns. In the regular season game at Harriman, the Blue Devils shot themselves in the foot on several occasions. In the regular season game at Coalfield, the Yellowjackets were without both of their quarterbacks and still played Greenback toe-to-toe. Oneida should have won the playoff game at Greenback. I will be pulling for Greenback to represent the East, but the facts are they haven't been impressive enough in their games to believe they can beat the best team in the state (Class A). I will give my score prediction closer to the game.

Let us look at some facts that you can't deny. Greenback has won 12 games this season, but of those 12 wins, five of them had losing records. The wins over their big region rivals (Oneida, Coalfield and Harriman) were not impressive, other than the second half against Harriman in the playoffs. In the regular season game at Oneida, the Indians win that game if not for a couple of gift-wrapped touchdowns. In the regular season game at Harriman, the Blue Devils shot themselves in the foot on several occasions. In the regular season game at Coalfield, the Yellowjackets were without both of their quarterbacks and still played Greenback toe-to-toe. Oneida should have won the playoff game at Greenback. I will be pulling for Greenback to represent the East, but the facts are they haven't been impressive enough in their games to believe they can beat the best team in the state (Class A). I will give my score prediction closer to the game.

East Tn Expert

Just reading what and how you post I really don't think there is one person on this site that gives two craps about your predictions on this game. Obviously after what you posted about GB regular season wins you have no clue of what you are talking about. It is apparent you do not like greenback. Anyone that can sit behind a keyboard and say the crap you say is unbelievable.

Reality is we took a very good 4A playoff team into overtime only to get beat with our freshman QB because our starting QB got took to the hospital after knocking another kids head off and sending him to the hospital early in 4th quarter. Reality is we also beat another 4A team 2nd week in season.

Now sit behind that keyboard and make excuses why our region wins wasn't impressive. You are pathetic sorry your team couldn't be here but apparently they didn't win at all in there final game let alone do it in an impressive manner.

Your friend, Josh

Thank you.I almost forgot how bad we suck.I can always count on your expert opinion....Let's see GB won't beat Oneida in the playoffs.✔The coaches for GB are not good enough to win out of the East side.✔.Yep you are that good.I hope you keep picking against us,you are our Huckleberry.👄.

All this talk about who was better from one year to the next, or ten to twenty years ago versus this year is interesting talk and opinion, but that is all it is. I say UC last year was a magnificent football team. I will also say this, NCS has played for two sometimes three quarters against most of our opponents this year. I've heard about crazy point differentials from great teams in the past. NCS could have hung 75-80 on most teams we have played and maybe 100 on a couple or three. I've heard some call the west (interestingly enough they dont generally include us in the dicussion) as the SEC of 1A HS football.

NCS Playoff Record 2015

NCS 64  Clarksville Academy 8

NCS 34  Huntingdon 7

NCS 34  Wayne County 21

NCS 42  Defending 2A state champs Peabody 7

If we win big Friday, we are one of the great teams in 1A. And again....It's just my opinion!!! Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

All this talk about who was better from one year to the next, or ten to twenty years ago versus this year is interesting talk and opinion, but that is all it is. I say UC last year was a magnificent football team. I will also say this, NCS has played for two sometimes three quarters against most of our opponents this year. I've heard about crazy point differentials from great teams in the past. NCS could have hung 75-80 on most teams we have played and maybe 100 on a couple or three. I've heard some call the west (interestingly enough they dont generally include us in the dicussion) as the SEC of 1A HS football.

NCS Playoff Record 2015

NCS 64 Clarksville Academy 8

NCS 34 Huntingdon 7

NCS 34 Wayne County 21

NCS 42 Defending 2A state champs Peabody 7

If we win big Friday, we are one of the great teams in 1A. And again....It's just my opinion!!! Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

You all should be very proud!Got one heck of a team no doubt.This happens every year the ones who don't make it try to water your accomplishment down.