TCA basketball 2015/2016

BigEdMo

You are correct. For TCA to advance they must get better guard play. The last 2 years BTW and Mitchell guards were much better. Last even without Echols our best ball handler we handled their guards. We did have the best team o guards in the state. I stated in 2 years ago that the difference is TCA has athletes but Memphis has basketball players. Most guards in Memphis play or practice basketball year round. This year our guards are good but at the last year level. If TCA guard play improves they could win the district and maybe the region. Of course I hope not.

Galilee, the reason the UC people attacked you is because they were afraid you were going to challenge them to a dance contest and they knew they didn't have a prayer!! Ha. Seeing you dance at the finals was worth the price of admission! Have you patented that dance during your retirement?

You are right that Mitchell had best guards in the state and were probably beat of all classifications. BTW did not have better guards than TCA last year. We proved that when we beat them. They did the year before. We were pretty young that year trying to guard BT's outstanding guard who was about 6'2". Hope he's playing somewhere. He should be. In Single A, it's all about guard play if you are going to beat Memphis. You can have a roster of 6'6" kids but that won't help you when you are trying to stop cat quick 5'11" guards who can shoot.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galilee, the reason the UC people attacked you is because they were afraid you were going to challenge them to a dance contest and they knew they didn't have a prayer!! Ha. Seeing you dance at the finals was worth the price of admission! Have you patented that dance during your retirement?

You are right that Mitchell had best guards in the state and were probably beat of all classifications. BTW did not have better guards than TCA last year. We proved that when we beat them. They did the year before. We were pretty young that year trying to guard BT's outstanding guard who was about 6'2". Hope he's playing somewhere. He should be. In Single A, it's all about guard play if you are going to beat Memphis. You can have a roster of 6'6" kids but that won't help you when you are trying to stop cat quick 5'11" guards who can shoot.

You are correct. I meant the year before.

TCA will be fine I believe the 6th man as a guard will not be a threat on offense but I believe he will be able to frustrate the third guard of any team on defense. Then I will take the odds of 2 on 2 in guard play. IMO i do think that the substitution situation that TCA try's to do needs to change. This is a game of rhythm and flow. If you take out the starting 5 for another 5 they can not get in a flow. Sometimes it takes a few turnovers and getting up and down the court to figure out what it is going to take in the second half of a game. Plus when it comes to tournament time then the starting five are not used to playing a whole game. Starting 5 then the next best 3 and run with it. But I am not really a basketball guy. I might be wrong.

Edited by BigEdMo

TCA look good against Sacred Heart.

Sacred Heart is young but has a really good freshmen class.

We really didn't look good at all. We need practice time. Football boys still have only had three practices thus far. Can't practice due to games. Had an injury to our best post player last night. Not sure how long he will be out. He played well.

We really didn't look good at all. We need practice time. Football boys still have only had three practices thus far. Can't practice due to games. Had an injury to our best post player last night. Not sure how long he will be out. He played well.

Good luck on your season. Who is Sacred Heart coach

Edited by Basketball102

Everyone looks good against Sacred Heart..They are years away from competing in D2

Sacred Heart is not a great team but not as bad as you would think. They are scrappy and hustle.

TCA looked pretty good against Middleton. We are still 2 weeks away from being in basketball form. Four of first six players are still trying to get their legs under them.

Sacred Heart is not a great team but not as bad as you would think. They are scrappy and hustle.

TCA looked pretty good against Middleton. We are still 2 weeks away from being in basketball form. Four of first six players are still trying to get their legs under them.

They take after their coach.  He was a heck of a player in his day!  But they aren't very good, yet