TCA basketball 2015/2016

BigEdMo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Madison versus TCA score on Coach T correct? I cannot believe Trinity lost to a two-man Madison team if it is! What is going on over there in North Jackson?

It's true. We had our 6'8" post out and one of our guards out BUT there is no excuse for losing that game! It's really sad! Until they decide to play with some energy and enthusiasm in the "not so big games" they won't make it very far. We didn't shoot well but what frustrates me is lack of penetration by guards. I've been real honest about the possibility of us not being a contender in the Region and I think people are starting to realize it. Can we contend? Absolutely but they have to prove it! Arguably the most talented team TCA has ever had but certainly not the best team at the moment. I do think Goldsmith would have made a huge difference on this team but that's the breaks in sports. We currently have three of our top 9 out but with what we have we should still win all of our district games with exception of Middleton. Btw, Jackson C beat Middleton last night AT Middleton! JC is a very good, well coached team! They will have to be dealt with in the tournament.

So which is it?

JCS is a good basketball team. Don't let the 13-9 record fool yourself. They beat McKenzie and Huntingdon (twice). Incase you don't know, McKenzie only has two losses so far this season (the other against Humboldt) and they are #1 in 13-A riding a 16 game winning streak. The Eagles beat them by 20 on the road. Right now Huntingdon is #2 in 13-A and they are playing pretty good basketball so far in 2016. Huntingdon got off to a slow start and here they are. Granite, I don't know how good 13-A is, but if Jackson Christian beat the 2 best teams in 13-A, it something should be worth mentioning. I'm assuming 13-A is the weakest district in all of Single-A districts across West Tennessee.

Have to respect the fact that JC played Westview and Dyer County. Westview is leading 13-AA. The Choctaws aren't the same team they used to be, but they are on a 3 game winning streak which one of those games include Hardin County.

JC is playing better. They don't have the athletes that USJ and TCA has, but coach Byrd is doing something right. Won't shock me Coach Byrd gets "Coach of the Year" this season, this team went 10-17 last year.

JCS is a good basketball team. Don't let the 13-9 record fool yourself. They beat McKenzie and Huntingdon (twice). Incase you don't know, McKenzie only has two losses so far this season (the other against Humboldt) and they are #1 in 13-A riding a 16 game winning streak. The Eagles beat them by 20 on the road. Right now Huntingdon is #2 in 13-A and they are playing pretty good basketball so far in 2016. Huntingdon got off to a slow start and here they are. Granite, I don't know how good 13-A is, but if Jackson Christian beat the 2 best teams in 13-A, it something should be worth mentioning. I'm assuming 13-A is the weakest district in all of Single-A districts across West Tennessee.

Have to respect the fact that JC played Westview and Dyer County. Westview is leading 13-AA. The Choctaws aren't the same team they used to be, but they are on a 3 game winning streak which one of those games include Hardin County.

JC is playing better. They don't have the athletes that USJ and TCA has, but coach Byrd is doing something right. Won't shock me Coach Byrd gets "Coach of the Year" this season, this team went 10-17 last year.

I have the utmost respect for JC. I really thought next was their year and I still believe they will be favorites to win 15A next year. They have lost some really close games recently before finally putting it all together against Middleton. I watched Byrd coach in MS and was always impressed with him. He's very professional but he is also very energetic and passionate. I think JC hit a home run with him. Also, I will admit that I was very frustrated when I made the "mediocre" comment about JC. TCA did not play well and should be winning these games by 10 or more with the talent we have.

TCA is very banged up. Harvey is out at least two weeks. He's had some big games thus far.

e

He's out two to four weeks.

I saw in a previous post that your coach is an excellent offensive scheme guy but hasn't had to scheme too much because of the amount of talent at the school for the past several years.  With you guys down another guard and a post, it may be time for him to roll up his sleeves and out scheme the competition.  Good Luck to you guys!

e

I saw in a previous post that your coach is an excellent offensive scheme guy but hasn't had to scheme too much because of the amount of talent at the school for the past several years. With you guys down another guard and a post, it may be time for him to roll up his sleeves and out scheme the competition. Good Luck to you guys!

I agree! He will probably have to do that. Tomorrow night will be a completely different team but it will also be a chance for some of the younger guys to step up. Hopefully Harvey will be back by tournament time and maybe a week before. It's all up to the doctors.