2016 Region 4-5A

Post Spring Prediction

1. Rhea County

2. Walker Valley

3. Ooltewah

4. Cleveland

No one escapes the region with a perfect record. I agree with RCfan, though. Spring ball is not an accurate predictor of the season, but if I could pick it right now, this would be my prediction. Rhea has the most favorable region schedule with the game at Cleveland being the most troublesome. I picked Walker Valley at #2 because of the returning talent and how competitive they played last season. They had Ooltewah on the ropes and kept the game with Rhea interesting. Ooltewah and Cleveland are the wild cards in the top four. They are both talented teams that could finish higher that #3 and #4 if the cards fall their way. I also have my preseason all-Region team that I would like some feedback on:

Offense

QB- Kolten Gibson (WV)

RB- Cameron Turner (OOL)

RB- Mason Stephenson (RC)

T- Avery Black (OOL)

G- Owen Vice (SD)

C- Gage Keahey (SD)

G- Ethan Maggart (WC)

T- James Moore (MC)

TE- Jared Edwards (RC)

WR- Skyler Davis (CLE)

WR- Jaden Holcombe (SD)

Defense

DE- Tyler Brown (RC)

DT- Xzayvier Beckingham (MC)

DT- Rondarius Wash (OOL)

DE- Isiah Alston (WV)

LB- Eddie Davis (RC)

LB- Chandler Kaylor (RC)

LB- Justin Rowland (WV)

CB- Corey Morgan (OOL)

S- Logan Stutzman (CLE)

S- Xavier Abernathy (MC)

CB- Treasure Johnson (CLE)

Special Teams

K- Alexsander Toser (OOL)

P- Seth Garcia (CLE)

Returner- Bryce Nunnelly (WV)

Let me know what you guys think. This is from the perspective of someone who has watched each of these players, minus the Rhea County and Ooltewah players listed, once live and the rest on highlight reels. I may have missed better talent at their postions. Feel free to disagree with my picks.

You have Justin Rowland from Walker listed at LB. He didn't play much last year and mostly then at D end. I'd put the Swafford from WV there instead. He led them in tackles. Also the Alston kid shows promise but he played more in the middle on d end and will probably play tackle on offense for them. Not sure about the rest. I do like the two on McMinn county on d. I think they might be the surprise team. I think it's Rheas to lose from what they have coming back but this is highschool. Kids grow move get hurt. Good luck to everyone.

1. Rhea (6-0)

2. Walker Valley (4-2)

3. Ooltewah (4-2)

4. Cleveland (4-2)

Wv, Cleveland and Ooltewah all lose to Rhea. Cleveland beats Ooltewah, Ooltewah beats WV, and WV beats Cleveland.

I'm going with Rhea as 1. The owls I think will surprise people on offense if they keep those jv players from last year on the field. Might even be better on O. McMinn should be a good defensive team but not deep. Their O is a ? Cleveland has athletes and plenty in the jr and sophomore class but I still think they are a year away. WV. The have talent. Should be deeper in the d line this year a few new faces. LBs are capable. The skill players are very solid. The O line is still the ? Plus cut down in the giveaways. So I'm going with

Rhea

Owls

Cleveland

McMinn ( until WV beats them they haven't )

WV

I have been kicking around the notion that Rhea County could go undefeated. However, I am also going to be realistic. I know Cleveland is going to make a big jump this year. Ooltewah will be coached up on D, and I believe their offense will be better. WV coaching will let them down, in spite of their talented QB. SD should be in rebuilding mode... Rhea County is young at MLB and DB, but they are talented. We are huge in the OL. I also question the depth of my EAGLES. With this lite analysis:

1. Rhea County with 1 region loss.

2. Cleveland with 2 region losses.

3. Ooltewah with 2 region losses.

4. WV with 3 region losses.

5. SD with 3 region losses.

I'm going with Rhea as 1. The owls I think will surprise people on offense if they keep those jv players from last year on the field. Might even be better on O. McMinn should be a good defensive team but not deep. Their O is a ? Cleveland has athletes and plenty in the jr and sophomore class but I still think they are a year away. WV. The have talent. Should be deeper in the d line this year a few new faces. LBs are capable. The skill players are very solid. The O line is still the ? Plus cut down in the giveaways. So I'm going with

Rhea

Owls

Cleveland

McMinn ( until WV beats them they haven't )

WV

Has Cleveland found a QB yet or does the young man from last year get to play?

I HEAR WHAT ERRBODY IS SAYING.....BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A WAIT AND SEE...

IF CLEVELAND QB GETS TO PLAY THAT CHANGES ERRTHING....

RHEA- I PICKED RHEA TO WIN THE DISTRICT BECAUSE THE EXPERIENCE OF NAMES I HAVE HEARD FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS LIKE BICE, STEPHENSON, AND DAVIS AND 2 OF THEM RUSHED FOR OVER 1100 YDS LAST SEASON.... THEY HAVE SIZE ON THE FRONT LINE AND SPEED IN THE RUNNING GAME...THE QB PLAY IS INEXPERIENCED, BUT CAN WORK IF HE CAN HAND IT OFF TO ONE OF THEM RB'S AND LESS THIRD AND LONGS..... BUT LIKE IN THE PAST...A DEFENSE THAT CAN STOP THE RUN AND IF FORCED TO THROW..AND THAT IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY....DON'T SEE THAT DEFENSE YET....DEFENSIVELY, THE SECONDARY HAS TO DEFEND THE PASS AGAINST SPREAD OFFENSES......LAST SEASON RHEA SCORED A TOTAL OF 13 PTS AGAINST THE OWLS BECAUSE OF THE DEFENSE....BUT THEIR GROUND ATTACK SHOULD BE POTENT ENOUGH FOR THE OWLS TO BE THEIR ONLY DISTRICT LOSS.. :mrgreen: 

OOLTEWAH- I PICKED THE OWLS SECOND BECAUSE WE USUALLY LAY AN EGG TO DEM DARN BLUERAIDERZ :angry: BUT IF I GO BY HISTORY, IT'S TIME FOR US TO GET A WIN AT HOME...OUR OFFENSE WILL BE BETTER AND THE BACKFIELD WILL HAVE MORE WEAPONS THAN LAST SEASON.....DEFENSIVELY, I CAN'T SAY THAT WE ARE NOT TALENTED BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE HUNG OUR HAT ON FOR YEARS..AND I THINK IT WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF GAMES TO KNOW THE STRENGTH.....WE PLAY RIVERDALE FIRST AND OFFENSIVELY I THINK WE WILL SCORE MORE POINTS...BUT MAY LAY AN EGG EARLY....

CLEVELAND- THEY ARE A WELL COACHED TEAM AND WILL FIND A WEAKNESS IN YOUR GAME AND CAPITALIZE ON IT....THEIR GROUND ATTACK IS FIRST PRIORITY...AND THEIR QB CAN THROW ON 3RD AND LONG....THEY SEEM A LITTLE DISCOMBOBULATED EARLY IN THE SEASON...BUT CLICKING ON ALL CYLINDERZ WHEN THEY PLAY THE OWLS...THEY WILL LAY AN EGG TO BRADLEY, SEVIER, WALKER VALLEY AND RHEA AND SOMEHOW BE IN THE RUN FOR DISTRICT CHAMPS...

WALKER VALLEY- THEY WILL HAVE TO PROVE ME WRONG ON  BEING IN THE TOP 2. AS DYNAMIC AS THAT OFFENSE WAS AND THAT STUD QB THREW FOR 2100 YDS..THEY WERE 2-4 IN THE DISTRICT AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST MCMINN... THEY DO HAVE THAT QB AND SOME EXPERIENCED WIDEOUTS COMING BACK.... BUT DEFENSIVELY, THEY CAN'T STOP NOBODY....YES, THEY TOOK DEM OWLS TO THE BRINK ONLY TO COME UP SHORT IN OT TRYING TO GO FOR THE TWO...

SODDY- THEY DO HAVE A 2200 YD QB COMING BACK WITH A COUPLE OF EXPERIENCED WIDEOUTS TO THROW TO..... BUT DEPTH WILL PLAY A PART IN THEIR DEMISE.. BUT DON'T BE SURPRISED TO LAY AN EGG AGAINST THEM....

MCMINN- A FEW PLAYMAKERS HERE AND THERE BUT CAN THEY BRING IT ALL TOGETHER TO GET A FEW WINS...

WHITE COUNTY- NEW COACH.....REBUILDING....

NOT FACTS..JUST OPINIONS....