2016 Region 4-5A

Yes Rhea will likely head up, but it will be close.

Yes, I believe so. The TSSAA stated they would be "evenly" dividing up all Division 1 schools after the privates are removed which could decrease the enrollment cut off number for 5A throwing more teams into 6A. So depending on the determined "cut off" number some current 4-5A members may end up having to do a lot of traveling next season for district/region games. I'm sure Bradley Central and White County folks can tell you all about that.

Edited by RCfan

Yes, I believe so. The TSSAA stated they would be "evenly" dividing up all Division 1 schools after the privates are removed which could decrease the enrollment cut off number for 5A throwing more teams into 6A. So depending on the determined "cut off" number some current 4-5A members may end up having to do a lot of traveling next season for district/region games. I'm sure Bradley Central and White County folks can tell you all about that.

Traveling sucks! It's nice to see stadiums like Dobyns Bennet and such, but to travel 2 plus hours a week is not any fun. Ready to be back in the old district! Hope it comes to that

I HEAR WHAT ERRBODY IS SAYING.....BUT I STILL THINK IT'S A WAIT AND SEE...

IF CLEVELAND QB GETS TO PLAY THAT CHANGES ERRTHING....

RHEA- I PICKED RHEA TO WIN THE DISTRICT BECAUSE THE EXPERIENCE OF NAMES I HAVE HEARD FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS LIKE BICE, STEPHENSON, AND DAVIS AND 2 OF THEM RUSHED FOR OVER 1100 YDS LAST SEASON.... THEY HAVE SIZE ON THE FRONT LINE AND SPEED IN THE RUNNING GAME...THE QB PLAY IS INEXPERIENCED, BUT CAN WORK IF HE CAN HAND IT OFF TO ONE OF THEM RB'S AND LESS THIRD AND LONGS..... BUT LIKE IN THE PAST...A DEFENSE THAT CAN STOP THE RUN AND IF FORCED TO THROW..AND THAT IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY....DON'T SEE THAT DEFENSE YET....DEFENSIVELY, THE SECONDARY HAS TO DEFEND THE PASS AGAINST SPREAD OFFENSES......LAST SEASON RHEA SCORED A TOTAL OF 13 PTS AGAINST THE OWLS BECAUSE OF THE DEFENSE....BUT THEIR GROUND ATTACK SHOULD BE POTENT ENOUGH FOR THE OWLS TO BE THEIR ONLY DISTRICT LOSS.. :mrgreen:

OOLTEWAH- I PICKED THE OWLS SECOND BECAUSE WE USUALLY LAY AN EGG TO DEM DARN BLUERAIDERZ :angry: BUT IF I GO BY HISTORY, IT'S TIME FOR US TO GET A WIN AT HOME...OUR OFFENSE WILL BE BETTER AND THE BACKFIELD WILL HAVE MORE WEAPONS THAN LAST SEASON.....DEFENSIVELY, I CAN'T SAY THAT WE ARE NOT TALENTED BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE HAVE HUNG OUR HAT ON FOR YEARS..AND I THINK IT WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF GAMES TO KNOW THE STRENGTH.....WE PLAY RIVERDALE FIRST AND OFFENSIVELY I THINK WE WILL SCORE MORE POINTS...BUT MAY LAY AN EGG EARLY....

CLEVELAND- THEY ARE A WELL COACHED TEAM AND WILL FIND A WEAKNESS IN YOUR GAME AND CAPITALIZE ON IT....THEIR GROUND ATTACK IS FIRST PRIORITY...AND THEIR QB CAN THROW ON 3RD AND LONG....THEY SEEM A LITTLE DISCOMBOBULATED EARLY IN THE SEASON...BUT CLICKING ON ALL CYLINDERZ WHEN THEY PLAY THE OWLS...THEY WILL LAY AN EGG TO BRADLEY, SEVIER, WALKER VALLEY AND RHEA AND SOMEHOW BE IN THE RUN FOR DISTRICT CHAMPS...

WALKER VALLEY- THEY WILL HAVE TO PROVE ME WRONG ON BEING IN THE TOP 2. AS DYNAMIC AS THAT OFFENSE WAS AND THAT STUD QB THREW FOR 2100 YDS..THEY WERE 2-4 IN THE DISTRICT AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST MCMINN... THEY DO HAVE THAT QB AND SOME EXPERIENCED WIDEOUTS COMING BACK.... BUT DEFENSIVELY, THEY CAN'T STOP NOBODY....YES, THEY TOOK DEM OWLS TO THE BRINK ONLY TO COME UP SHORT IN OT TRYING TO GO FOR THE TWO...

SODDY- THEY DO HAVE A 2200 YD QB COMING BACK WITH A COUPLE OF EXPERIENCED WIDEOUTS TO THROW TO..... BUT DEPTH WILL PLAY A PART IN THEIR DEMISE.. BUT DON'T BE SURPRISED TO LAY AN EGG AGAINST THEM....

MCMINN- A FEW PLAYMAKERS HERE AND THERE BUT CAN THEY BRING IT ALL TOGETHER TO GET A FEW WINS...

WHITE COUNTY- NEW COACH.....REBUILDING....

NOT FACTS..JUST OPINIONS....

YAL KNOW THAT I'M RIGHT. NOBODY BELIEVE THAT WV WILL TAKE SECOND. DONT SLEEP ON DEM OWLS...#LOP

WILL RHEA GET WAXED BY THAT INDIANA TEAM??

I THINK YOU WILL BEAT BAYLOR. OH WAIT..IS IT AT BAYLOR?

COOKEVILLE MAY GIVE YOU FITS BUT YOU STILL WIN.

Cathedral from Indy will probably beat us again they bring back a lot and have at least 9 legit FBS prospects on their team. Their junior running back and one of their senior linebackers has committed to Notre Dame. A safety that is committed to Boston College. Another one of there linemen who is a junior has some 20+ offers from FBS schools. The running back Stepp is the real deal I know Tennessee has a lot of interest in him.

I think we will beat Baylor this year. They lost more than us and from what I hear their QB that came in from Texas is nowhere as good as the QB that transferred in last year. Plus Ryan Parker is no longer there.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Cathedral from Indy will probably beat us again they bring back a lot and have at least 9 legit FBS prospects on their team. Their junior running back and one of their senior linebackers has committed to Notre Dame. A safety that is committed to Boston College. Another one of there linemen who is a junior has some 20+ offers from FBS schools. The running back Stepp is the real deal I know Tennessee has a lot of interest in him.

I think we will beat Baylor this year. They lost more than us and from what I hear their QB that came in from Texas is nowhere as good as the QB that transferred in last year. Plus Ryan Parker is no longer there.

Rhea beats Baylor. I think by two or three scores. Unless they only played freshman and sophs in the scrimmage.

Cathedral will "probably" beat us?  Done deal.  But still looking forward to the game.  Hope we get the win at Baylor.  Not quite as sweet as beating Cleveland or Hootlewah, but real close.

Edited by rheacountyeaglefan

WV will be better than people think, but I believe Cleveland will be as well.

For WV, it is do or die this year. Aside from their Jr. QB, they lose a ton of skill players & it will be another long playoff drought after this year.

I think Cleveland will be better than a lot of people think. I think this region as a whole will be better too. Rhea should be right where they were last year. Cleve and WV should be improved. Ooltewah will take a step back, still will be good, but lost a ton of talent. Soddy has big shoes to fill also. McMinn should improve a little, hard to replace Kimpson though. White Co will be White Co.

WV will be better than people think, but I believe Cleveland will be as well.

For WV, it is do or die this year. Aside from their Jr. QB, they lose a ton of skill players & it will be another long playoff drought after this year.

I've "thought" WV would be better the last two years than they were, so my (and everyone's) doubt is valid they will be this year.  They've had much better talent every year that Glenn Ray has been coach than has shown in the final W-L record.  When different players are playing year after year and the team underachieves every year, the common denominator is the head coach.

Wow big news out of TSSAA headquarters today with the termination of the Super 32 and all Division 1 teams "split evenly" between 6 classifications basically like it was before the Z plan. What will this do to our Region 4-5A? Better? Worse? What's everybody's thoughts?

I'm not sure of classification numbers but I think some of our teams will be 6A

Yes big news about the changes. Did some research on this before the radio show I do last night. Based on 2014 totals there would 54 teams per division. Probably looking at 50 t0 52 teams per division in the end.

Went back and looked at the 2014 enrollment numbers and based on that (still includes the 24 private schools that may be leaving) Bradley, McMinn County, Rhea County Walker Valley and Ooltewah would be in 6A. Ooltewah was the smallest school in that list so it's possible they could remain in 5A.. Most likely a couple of Knoxville area teams, maybe Hardin Valley or William Blount may be included. This is mostly an educated (or maybe undereducated) guess.

Cleveland and Soddy Daisy would remain in 5A, but the other district mates would be a big question with most likely Oak Ridge and Lenoir City as well as maybe Powell and West being possible district mates. Not many teams in the Chattanooga area fall into the 5A class based on the 2014 numbers.

Will be really interesting to see the numbers from 2016 when they come out in late September, and see what they look like, and taking out the 24 privates that may be leaving.