Trezvant you won more than a Gold Ball.

Galilee

You seriously need to listen to this interview with Coach White following the game today.   He's a true inspiration!   Free Podcast of that interview here:   Friday Main Event

There is a local radio station in Memphis that has a high school sports talk show on Friday nights. It airs 30 minutes before the games, and then comes back on the air for about 2 and a half hours after the games end to talk local high school football, and sometimes what's going on across the state. Most times they will have coaches to call in to the show and discuss their team. You get to hear what a lot of these men think as they talk about their teams in ways that you would not ordinarily get to hear. Coach Teli White is one of the local coaches who will call in to the show and discuss his football team. What I heard on the post game interview on the link above is what I've come to know about that man. He is as genuine as they come. Down to earth comes to mind when you hear him talk. That interview in particular is powerful ... if you haven't listened to it please do. It will give you some insight into who coach Teli White is and why his teams play like they do. He is a jewel. Rare and precious. We need more like him. I know this city does. If he can't motivate you ... you may need to check your pulse. I actually got a little wispy listening to him talk about his team and his past players and what not.

Edited by kwc

There is a local radio station in Memphis that has a high school sports talk show on Friday nights. It airs 30 minutes before the games, and then comes back on the air for about 2 and a half hours after the games end to talk local high school football, and sometimes what's going on across the state. Most times they will have coaches to call in to the show and discuss their team. You get to hear what a lot of these men think as they talk about their teams in ways that you would not ordinarily get to hear. Coach Teli White is one of the local coaches who will call in to the show and discuss his football team. What I heard on the post game interview on the link above is what I've come to know about that man. He is as genuine as they come. Down to earth comes to mind when you hear him talk. That interview in particular is powerful ... if you haven't listened to it please do. It will give you some insight into who coach Teli White is and why his teams play like they do. He is a jewel. Rare and precious. We need more like him. I know this city does. If he can't motivate you ... you may need to check your pulse. I actually got a little wispy listening to him talk about his team and his past players and what not.

Hands down my favorite interview of the weekend.  Only wish I had filmed the interview so you could see the passion in which he spoke.   He is one of a kind and I feel very fortunate to have had a recorder in front of him for that interview.

I told Coach White, I wanted him to be a regular on The Friday Main Event next season.  Anyone who heard that interview would understand why.  What an inspiration he is!