Clay Co. (71/69) Macon Co. (62)

Shozen

Clay Co beat a good AA undefeated Macon Co tonight. The game was tied at half 28/28 with Clay leading by 6 after 3. Clay Co lead by as much as 13 but 6-7 straight missed free throws with Macon scoring some made it closer.

Both teams to me should do very well in their districts/regions.

Edited by Shozen

Clay County will be fine till they run into a team from the Memphis region....that could be said of a lot of A teams though.

Well when players can come and go as they please in Memphis and coaches can openly recruit from a city of that size i doubt anyone in Class A has much of a chance...... BUT all you have to do is win ONE game not 20 and as we all know when you get to the Glass House anything can happen.   :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

Well when players can come and go as they please in Memphis and coaches can openly recruit from a city of that size i doubt anyone in Class A has much of a chance...... BUT all you have to do is win ONE game not 20 and as we all know when you get to the Glass House anything can happen.   :popcorneater:

Very true UCSportsFan but the fact of the matter is....look at the history at the glass house.

Not saying Clay County won't win a game at the Boro it is just hard to beat that Memphis region in A

Well I would have to agree. Clay should by all means make it to state and like UC said it only takes one but Mitchell is a whole other beast in Class A. They are playing with powerhouse AAA teams only losing by one to Hamilton.

It will be tough for any other class A teams to beat them.

I can remember a couple of very good Celina teams going into the glass house ranked #1 and leaving first game because of Sylvester Gray and Bolton. Ask Tracey Strong about those teams. Coe, Arms and Strong all scored a gazillion points in their careers, but had no answer for the Memphis area Bolton teams. Different game played down there.

Time will tell where Key will land.