3a region 4 2016

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Watertown won JV 6-0 in 2 quarters, and won varsity 24-17 in Varsity. DeKalb just had a couple touchdowns dropped on offense, run game and protection were great imo. On defense, run defense was pretty stingy but they had about 3 or 4 blown coverages resulting in two touchdowns. Overall, good scrimmage for both teams, DeKalb just needs to execute their passing game and pass defense better

Not the outcome I expected. It's a bit worrisome even if it was just a jamboree.

What is everybodies prediction for this weeks ball games..mine is as follows

Upperman 21 cookeville 35

SQ 17 SP 14

DC 42 WC 14

GC 22 whitwell 21

Cannon 3 community 49

SC 14 Macon 28

York 7 Stone 56

No way DC wins by that margin. This game could be a L for us actually. It will be close IMO. 31-28 DC!

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Not the outcome I expected. It's a bit worrisome even if it was just a jamboree.

No way DC wins by that margin. This game could be a L for us actually. It will be close IMO. 31-28 DC!

I heard warren county is really down this year..I also heard that got a D1 prospect at TE and recruited as a tackle..I could be wrong though..I still think DC wins

Your York/Stone score is WAY off.

What do you think it will be? Stone returns almost everybody except for their qb..they still got their 1,000 yard runner their defensive line an o-line are just as good as last year..I heard York tightened up there d this year which is good could make them more competitive this year in the region and with a few upsets could win 2-3 in the region..but I just don't think they could handle stone

What do you think it will be? Stone returns almost everybody except for their qb..they still got their 1,000 yard runner their defensive line an o-line are just as good as last year..I heard York tightened up there d this year which is good could make them more competitive this year in the region and with a few upsets could win 2-3 in the region..but I just don't think they could handle stone

this stone team is a completely different one from last year. They seem to be missing a certain toughness

I heard warren county is really down this year..I also heard that got a D1 prospect at TE and recruited as a tackle..I could be wrong though..I still think DC wins

WC is always down year after year. The thing is that they're still a 6a school. A bad 6a school can play with an average 3a school. Their results vs. 3a-4 schools over the past 2-3 years prove that much IMO. 

WC 2013: vs DC: L 7-20, vs Smith Co: L 25-27

WC 2014: vs DC: W 34-30, vs SC: W 20-14

WC 2015: vs DC: L 14-23 vs Sequatchie Co: W 21-16

You mentioning K'Rojhn playing TE is the first I've heard of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't true either. You are correct about him being a D1 prospect as an offensive tackle. He's currently rated as a 3 star on 247 sports. He greatly wants to go to UT but hasn't received an offer from them. He currently holds 3 SEC offers however, and 6 total offers overall based on what 247 is showing. His offers from the SEC are Florida, Mississippi State, and South Carolina. Memphis, Tn Tech, and TN state make up the rest of the list.

IMO the best route for him to take is one year of juco ball. He can get some proper coaching and likely watch his stock rise. Then maybe he would get a legit offer from UT and finally get to go to his dream school. He has the natural ability/talent, he's just incredibly raw. He hasn't received the best coaching over there at WC, naturally.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/KRojhn-Calbert-96874/RecruitInterests

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Your York/Stone score is WAY off.

I didn't predict or name a score for any game except the DeKalb-Warren County game. That was actually jackets86 who posted the 56-7 prediction for the Stone-York game. But as long as we're talking about that particular game, I'll go ahead and throw out my prediction for it as well as scores for other games played by our regions teams. 

Keep in mind this is nothing but a slightly educated guess on my part. I don't have extensive knowledge on or about either team. I'm going to say SM takes this game by a score of 45-20.

More random guesses:

Upperman 17 cookeville 48

SQ 13 SP 28

DC 31 WC 28

GC 10 whitwell 12

Cannon 9 community 41

SC 24 Macon 34

York 20 Stone 45

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I was took by surprise while I was looking over the Associated Press high school football poll. The 3a polls is what drew my initial shock. They have Sequatchie County ranked at number 8. I mean that's great for the Squatch and all. I just wasn't expecting to see any 3a region 4 schools in the poll. 

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/08/15/oakland-blackman-smyrna-ranked-preseason-adivision-6a-record-pts-prv-1-maryville-8-0-0-80----2-oakland-0-0-68----3-whitehaven-0-0-58----4-blackman-0-0-56----5-bradley-central-0-0-43----6-smyrna-0-0-37----7-cordova-0-0-27----8-science-hill-0-0-2/88771498/

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I was took by surprise while I was looking over the Associated Press high school football poll. The 3a polls is what drew my initial shock. They have Sequatchie County ranked at number 8. I mean that's great for the Squatch and all. I just wasn't expecting to see any 3a region 4 schools in the poll.

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/08/15/oakland-blackman-smyrna-ranked-preseason-adivision-6a-record-pts-prv-1-maryville-8-0-0-80----2-oakland-0-0-68----3-whitehaven-0-0-58----4-blackman-0-0-56----5-bradley-central-0-0-43----6-smyrna-0-0-37----7-cordova-0-0-27----8-science-hill-0-0-2/88771498/

Sequatchie's offense will be their kryptonite this year..they just don't have the speed or playmakers they had last year but aslong long as their defense can hold their opponents in a low scoring game sequatchie will be able to win some games..but their pass D is horrendous