3a region 4 2016

It was McMinn Central. I didn't get to see all of it working the BBQ but my count in varsity acton Sequatchie won 4 or 5 TDs to 1?

Starters/varsity played first half for Sequatchie. Scored on 3 of 5 possessions, game type scrimmage with downs and clock, just no live special teams. Could have scored 2 other times, dropped a pass which would have been a long TD catch on one possession that they didn't score, had a 50-yard run called back on a penalty on another possession. Another time had a long gain called back due to penalty but ended up scoring anyway.

Chargers had negative yards until final 60 seconds of first half and ended with negative rushing yards. Two short passes then a 60 yard completion on a kind of a fluke play when the DB was there but just didn't get it and the receiver made it all the way to the 1. TD on next play with about 10 seconds in half.

Sequatchie pulled starters at the start of the third, Chargers moved the ball down the field with some starters still in (and don't blame them really, they needed something to build on) for a TD. Backups for both played evenly after that.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the UHS, LA, Rockwood, and Onieda scrimmage. Looked to me UHS was the best of the four. LA was second best but much weaker than the past few years. UHS has a good new running back with some power and speed, and a big OL and DL. Looks like they changec the offense up to a more power run type spread offense.. QB struggled some but made a few good throws and had some good runs. Bees have some good RB's and H-backs......also very good line backers. This isnt the 2013 Bees....but should be in top three in the district based on what I see. 

Was the new running back the kid from Monterey? If so i know him very well as is a very good kid! Hated to see him go!

Smith County scrimmaged White House Friday night and held their own. We had more team speed but thought it was not one of the better White House teams I have seen. Defense looked a little ahead of offense. We have to establish a true tailback, stay healthy, and get the ball to King much more in my opinion. Lots of players playing both ways and injuries will be key.

Seen some of DC scrimmage against Friendship Christian, Jennings looks good, No td's for either team on the first ten plays but DC scored 3 on the next offensive possession. Had 1 drop that would have been a bomb Td and one more called back due to a hold. DC offense looks to be explosive, their run D is suspect imo. A big physical team could give us fits on the ground.

Smith County scrimmaged White House Friday night and held their own. We had more team speed but thought it was not one of the better White House teams I have seen. Defense looked a little ahead of offense. We have to establish a true tailback, stay healthy, and get the ball to King much more in my opinion. Lots of players playing both ways and injuries will be key.

you have a chance to win your first two games

Looks like no team is this region of the top four are head and heels above any of the others. I say Dekalb wins it but will be pushed. Squatch strong D will keep them in every game. Smith Co has the second best athlete , King, in the district behind Jennings. UHS seniors have won 30 games and 5 playoff games in the past three years and will no be beat easily. York has a great signal caller in Cravens with an explosive system of offense he could flourish. Hardest time getting a read on the order in past 5-6 years for me. 

Looks like no team is this region of the top four are head and heels above any of the others. I say Dekalb wins it but will be pushed. Squatch strong D will keep them in every game. Smith Co has the second best athlete , King, in the district behind Jennings. UHS seniors have won 30 games and 5 playoff games in the past three years and will no be beat easily. York has a great signal caller in Cravens with an explosive system of offense he could flourish. Hardest time getting a read on the order in past 5-6 years for me. 

Injuries will play a lot in this years ranking. Jennings with a full ride to Ole Miss is one hit away from throwing golden opportunity away. It's not "if" he can sign with a SEC ride but he has already signed. Upperman could lose a key back and really cause them problems. Seq. seems to have several players to step up if need be. SC can't afford to lose their freshman manager. Might have to play 10 man football if they lose players. SC has 6 home games this year. York, well they have a lot of players returning but can they afford to lose any key players. Dad seems to think they will be improved this year. Teams are going to lose players every year but which key players that are lost can affect the outcome of the season. Now, with all this said, you already knew it.  

Injuries will play a lot in this years ranking. Jennings with a full ride to Ole Miss is one hit away from throwing golden opportunity away. It's not "if" he can sign with a SEC ride but he has already signed. Upperman could lose a key back and really cause them problems. Seq. seems to have several players to step up if need be. SC can't afford to lose their freshman manager. Might have to play 10 man football if they lose players. SC has 6 home games this year. York, well they have a lot of players returning but can they afford to lose any key players. Dad seems to think they will be improved this year. Teams are going to lose players every year but which key players that are lost can affect the outcome of the season. Now, with all this said, you already knew it.

Jennings is playing baseball at Ole Miss. He could play football at a high level also.