3a region 4 2016

Well you definitely know more about York than I do, so I'll take your word on all of that. I know yall only won 2 games last season, but you could clearly see their was plenty of talent present. Youth, a new coaching staff, and a completely new system is a lot to over come in one year. Yall was competitive in several games, and showed a TON of heart when you played us.

I think I can speak for all of the DC fans when I say yall had us scared. Truth be known, yall probably should of won that game too. I certainly see more than two victories for yall in this upcoming season. And as I've previously commented, I do believe yall will be returning to post season play in 2016 as well. I hope our match up in Smithville this year is every bit just as exciting and entertaining as the last one. Best of luck to yall in every game this year outside of the DC one.

Not saying I know a lot of what's going on with them for sure. I sure hope they fix the defense this off season. And I agree that was an exciting game to watch last year. I don't remember a team at York with as many athletes and with the size the line has in a really long Time. Hoping the second year with this coaching staff is a lot better. Only time will tell.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got em good last year with a lot of them threatening violence. I laughed

Yeah I know, it was pretty hilarious. I guess it just ain't close enough to the start of football season for them to be on here chatting back and forth yet. Yeah, about 10-14 days before our game, they will emerge in the masses out of their dark hole. They will go on and on about how they will beat DC because of this and that reason. They will say that they've greatly improved, and that its a 100% fact too due to their performances in off season scrimmages.

The majority of them will be confident, and some down right cocky. There will be one or two WC fans on here saying to hold up, and that they'll likely lose to DC, and those couple of people will be slammed hard. The game will play out into the tune of a DC win, then afterwards a handful of them will still be active on here for about another 24 hours. They will be butt hurt though, and will be talking mad trash and saying how we cheated or the refs screwed them and so on. By Sunday afternoon, ALL of the WC fans will have done disappeared back into their dark holes until around that time next year. You may think I'm joking about this, but I swear that's how it plays out and goes down each and every year if DC wins.

Not saying I know a lot of what's going on with them for sure. I sure hope they fix the defense this off season. And I agree that was an exciting game to watch last year. I don't remember a team at York with as many athletes and with the size the line has in a really long Time. Hoping the second year with this coaching staff is a lot better. Only time will tell.

Well they all say that the most improvement for a team as a whole comes in year two of a new system/staff. I don't know this for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that in the past York has had just as many athletes, and in some years more than what yall have right now. Yall have had some very, very good teams in years past.

The thing is though, yall never really could've known because most of the athletic, offensive talent wasn't used or in the position to truly shine and show off their skills. That is due to the offense yall use to run. It's not exactly the most explosive, high octane, big play offense out there. It's more of a the same 2-3 players running the ball straight ahead for the whole 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Don't get me wrong though, when ran right, it's very effective and almost impossible to consistently stop. It's a very simple offense, but one you can win a lot of games running.

• 2 weeks later...

dekalb loaded this year. jennings best qb in state!

Not quite on either of your statements. We will have a pretty dang good team, but we are far from loaded. We lack speed and athletes big time. What we do have is an exceptional amount of experience, and plenty of size along our lines. Ohh and how can I forget, we have a Senior QB who is probably a Top 5 player at his position in the entire state. It's safe to say Jennings will be a force running the ball. I expect him to have at least 1000 rushing yards this season, along with 10-12 rushing TDs.

Jennings is a nice QB, but he definitely isn't the best overall QB in TN. There are far better QB prospects in the state than Jennings. He is a talent in his own right though for sure. I personally think Phillips was a better QB than Jennings, but he had a lot more offensive weapons around him too.

As far as our team goes, everything is in line for us to finally win a district/region title. If not this year, it might be a good while before were back in legit contention for a title. IMO, this teams ceiling is a region title, host a playoff game in the first round that we win, and if we catch a good break as far as opponents goes, we may win again in the 2nd round. I believe it's more probable that we go one and done in the playoffs than anything though. 

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Man DCs athletic department as a whole is going to have a ton of new coaches next school year. So far we have two new assistant football coaches, a new girls basketball coach, and a new tennis and golf coach. Today is truly a sad day. Coach Bond has decided to retire as our softball coach.

He has been our coach for 31 years. Heck, he's the only coach we've ever had. It's sure going to be strange not seeing him coaching our girls. I'm curious to see if we can continue consistently playing at an extremely high level like we've grown accustomed too. We've truly been spoiled having him as our coach. Here is a link to the story.

http://www.wjle.com/news/2016/danny-bond-retires-tigerette-coach-gets-new-position-school-system

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

• 1 month later...