3a region 4 2016

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the play back on local tv. York lost by 21 and had 14 points taken off the board and had several long runs called back in the first half. If they can clean up the offense they will be ok. Only worry is will it be like last year. Will they just have to try to score every time because defense can't stop someone.

Unless the administration makes a dramatic change to the staff, things will not get much better. There are too many unconventional things going on with this program that are not conducive to a winning program.

I will say this though. Upperman's defense looked good the other night and if we can find some offense then we could compete. It's not uncommon for coaches to cradle young QB's in the early season and the passes he threw were not bad. If we open up the passing game with success we may be able to make a run for another championship.

For instance?

Without getting into schemes, fundamentals or positioning at this time, as I said earlier in the year in my option you cannot play underclassmen in key positions and expect them to compete, I did not know at the time that several of the underclassman are related to parents helping to coach. further a twenty-something, head coach and likewise defensive coordinator are to inexperienced and immature for this job. Again in my option. So ask the question is there a winning, successful program out there starting a number of underclassmen? With parents on the coaching staff? and a twenty-something head coach?