13 Knox County Schools getting new football fields thanks to Pilot.

BarneySox2007

Just think three years ago Sevier County played football on a field with a crown in the middle so high you could only see the top half of the players from the other side. Never seen anything like it in my life. glad they got that fix with the new field. I took a picture the last time we came to play them before they got the new field.s5z4zk.jpg

Wow....that's a little excessive but I bet it drains well!

While I do think that the visitors side bleachers need some updating and some repairing (I've seen the areas that need to be addressed) I think we have given the perception that they are in such shape that nobody can sit over there, which just isn't the case. I've seen some pretty good crowds sit over there in the past decade with no issues. So opposing teamy fans- just know that it IS still good enough to hold up your big butts so come on by... But I'm not saying it doesn't need some work, it does. My main issue is how they let the stadium look like it does, mainly on the visitors side, when you drive by. Because that stadium has the potential to be a beautiful high school stadium with its size, if only the people that are in control of fixing it were some different names....

Edited by thegreatone36

While I do think that the visitors side bleachers need some updating and some repairing (I've seen the areas that need to be addressed) I think we have given the perception that they are in such shape that nobody can sit over there, which just isn't the case. I've seen some pretty good crowds sit over there in the past decade with no issues. So opposing teamy fans- just know that it IS still good enough to hold up your big butts so come on by... But I'm not saying it doesn't need some work, it does. My main issue is how they let the stadium look like it does, mainly on the visitors side, when you drive by. Because that stadium has the potential to be a beautiful high school stadium with its size, if only the people that are in control of fixing it were some different names....

I agree with you except the stadium is worse than what you can see. The seams between the sections are deteriorated and water has been getting to the interior. Besides the outside concrete walls which are obviously in bad shape, I have been told that the footers that hold the spans underneath the stadium are in bad shape. The spans are not. So it could get repaired or torn down either way. Unless you actually walk it, then you do not realize the amount of damage. Like you say it is a shame that it has gotten to this point and it needs to be fixed per the recommendations. It has all the potential in the world if done correctly. Edited by GWAVE1