Rumors Fly In 6A On Coaching Changes

TNBROADCASTER

There was plenty of talent when he was there last, but don't take nothing away from the young talent that is working it's way up from the lower classes currently at Jeff Co. While they don't always pan out the group coming up seem to have a desire to want to do good and always done so. Hope that trend will continue to.

Timing is the biggest issue in getting someone that can get in and meet with the players and assemble a staff to their liking.

Jeff County hasn't had a class pan out since Meadows' last year there. They dominate us at the middle school level, but we always turn the tables on them in high school. This is rough timing for Jeff County, so I don't know how much difference any coach would make this year.

Jeff County hasn't had a class pan out since Meadows' last year there. They dominate us at the middle school level, but we always turn the tables on them in high school. This is rough timing for Jeff County, so I don't know how much difference any coach would make this year.

I think a separation was coming either way from what I've heard but both parties can go forward with their plans and no more rumors. Jefferson County looked good against us in the freshman game at Maryville last year so they have a good group coming up from what I seen which will be a plus for who ever gets the job there. Maryville will benefit with some more help towards the defense with the addition of Cobble coaching there. 

Is Coach Upton still coaching linebackers? If so, how will this work out?

"We've helped our defensive side of the ball, which we wanted to do," Quarles said. "We brought in two former head coaches. We were able to finagle things around. Ricky Upton will go from linebackers to coaching defensive tackles. He's very unselfish to do that.

Coach (Brandon) Waters will go to help coach (David) Ellis on offensive line, and Jason Hicks will stay in the secondary and help (co-defensive coordinator) Nick White."

Knoxville News Sentinel

• Upvote 1

"We've helped our defensive side of the ball, which we wanted to do," Quarles said. "We brought in two former head coaches. We were able to finagle things around. Ricky Upton will go from linebackers to coaching defensive tackles. He's very unselfish to do that.

Coach (Brandon) Waters will go to help coach (David) Ellis on offensive line, and Jason Hicks will stay in the secondary and help (co-defensive coordinator) Nick White."

Knoxville News Sentinel

Thanks for the info...I missed that on the first version they posted. Sounds like a good addition to the staff!