Rumors Fly In 6A On Coaching Changes

TNBROADCASTER

Herd that a few of the former players that are now coaching elsewhere have put in for the hc opening.if the one's that I herd are correct any of them would be a great hire but it's hard to tell truth from rumors. also herd that they was some interest from a couple of out of state coaches.

Hearing rumors about a coach named Estepp, with former ties to Tennessee High in Bristol, who was interviewed for the Jefferson County head football coaching vacancy. I was told that radical changes for the program were suggested during the interview.

I've researched online but cannot find anything on a Coach Estepp from TN High. I would be very interested if anyone has any information on this coach.

In hoping that the administration makes a strong hire to replace Coach Cobble.

Herd that a few of the former players that are now coaching elsewhere have put in for the hc opening.if the one's that I herd are correct any of them would be a great hire but it's hard to tell truth from rumors. also herd that they was some interest from a couple of out of state coaches.

I heard Spencer Riley was interested.

Hearing rumors about a coach named Estepp, with former ties to Tennessee High in Bristol, who was interviewed for the Jefferson County head football coaching vacancy. I was told that radical changes for the program were suggested during the interview.

I've researched online but cannot find anything on a Coach Estepp from TN High. I would be very interested if anyone has any information on this coach.

Don't know the situation there but what was the problem or problems that a coach would leave like that. I'm sure the supporters weren't happy with the overall record for the past four years but when you mention radical changes. I do know Kobble was a very good defensive coach but I also know there are some programs that hire someone and say preform us a miracle and the damage is so deep it's not a simple task. I've seen the program at Heritage High get into such a mess that the rebuild would take six or seven years the damage was so bad from the past.  

I don't believe he was run off by any stretch.  Obviously, they would love to have had a better record over the past five years but the team was competitive in the new region last year.  I think it boiled down to an offer he couldn't refuse.  More money, less stress and an opportunity to work with a high school coaching legend.  Plus he gets to spend more time with his family.

Edited by theroyz71

I have seen a lot of people complaining about coach Cobble and the state of the Jefferson County program on CoachT  over the years. And personally, I can understand why. In the old classification setup Jeff Co was playing against easy competition and wasn't doing too hot even though they were up against the likes of Cherokee,Seymour, Mo East, and Cocke Co. But was Coach Cobble to blame? Or was it a lack of talent? Last year Jeff Co had a few really good athletes in that senior class and that's probably the biggest reason they had a pretty good year. It will be interesting to see if the new coach (Whoever it will be) can be consistenly successful playing in a tough region like this one.

Guys I don't want to sound mean or judging a book by it's cover. When a school system let's things get is such bad condition wise at the school that the roof falls in on the vocational building it would send me strong signals if they would let that go they sure aren't any extra money laying around for the athletics. Thank God school was out when that happened. 

There was a Chris Estep who coached softball and swimming over there at TN High a few years ago. Pretty sure he didnt coach football. You may be thinking of Greg Estep who was the linebacker coach at Carson Newman and Austin East DC back in the day. Last I heard he was the HC at Tellico Plains but that was a while ago. Not sure if he had any ties to TN High. Those are the only Esteps Ive heard of.