Rumors Fly In 6A On Coaching Changes

TNBROADCASTER

Personality must not be too bad. His players like him.

That's just my opinion of the man. I had him as a teacher at WB and he just seemed very dry and serious to me, but opinions on peoples personality are subjective. His players might (not saying this is definitely the case) like him because he is competent and knows what he is doing.

I was talking to a teacher tonight and she said she would be shocked if they hired Meadows.  She thinks it will be Spencer Riley.

I can understand that since Spencer is a native of the area and was one of the greatest players in Jefferson County history and was part of the 1998 Tennessee Championship Team.  Spencer was an assistant at Karns 2001 (1-9) 2002 (1-9) 2003 (4-6) 2004 (4-6) the last time he was coaching high school football. The last six years I know that he has been offensive line coach at Tusculum 2010 (6-5) 2011 (3-8) 2012 (6-5) 2013 (4-7) 2014 (6-5) and 2015 (4-7).

Now I do know that Scott Meadows has a 132-71 record as a high school football coach in Tennessee and a lot of the losses he has was going to schools that were a complete shipwreck and turning them around. If my thinking is right and we done the math they used in my day Scott Meadows would be the best choice. Now if they use this new common core stuff they teach now Spencer Riley would be the coach, but whoever is selected good luck and hope each great success.