Rumors Fly In 6A On Coaching Changes

TNBROADCASTER

I ask a good friend of mine this morning about his theory regarding Spencer Riley not having head coaching experience.but being an offensive lineman coach throughout his coaching and playing career. The friend I'm speaking of played and started at UT on defense during his time there and also was a high school assistant coach. He told me in his opinion that an offensive lineman usually makes the best head coaches because they fully understand what goes on where the play develops. He told me that being a running back and defensive back during his playing time that he wished that he had known that stuff because it would of benefited him a lot more as a coach. He also told me he was in on the hiring of one of the coaches during his later years at the school he was at and the majority ruled on a former player with a great record at another school and another coach that was a good lineman during his playing career. He said they chose the former player and as most know it didn't work out but it always stayed in the back of his mind how things might have been different had they hired his pick. Just a good conversation with someone this morning that has some experience on the situation Jefferson County will be dealing with.